a ridiculous question

baseball player

as of late i have aquired a new 30 gallon tank, and really want to make it a predator tank. i know this is ridiculous but i was just wanting to crush all hope by asking if there is any sort of eel, trigger, or pufferfish that could live comfortbaly in a 30 gallon? i was inspired into getting a saltwater tank by watching the huma huma trigger at my lfs, and then crushed when i found out i did not have the financial funds large enough to buy a tank for it, so i was just wondering if there is any predatory fish i can buy for it? thanks

plahka

Look into the used tank market. There's always folks who get tired of the whole thing and just want to get rid of a too large tank.

Octoman

How about a Golden Dwarf Moray Eel? The price is a bit steep on them though, if you can find one...
0334A8C204E04D5BBEF0391FF0FA573B.jpg

I really like leaf scorpions, they max out at 3-4".
p-76970-leaf-fish.jpg

Also...
Colored Filefish, Jade Filefish
p-70847-filefish.jpg
p-26171-filefish.jpg

Harlequin Bass
p-77503-basslet.jpg

sargassum angler (be very careful with its tankmates), leopard puffer, valentini puffer, figure 8 puffer, just about any damsel... really, there are plenty of options for a small predator tank... And, of course, you could always get a juvenile trigger, eel, or puffer... but understand you would have to say g'bye.