A new way to chronicle

Cool, that's good to know Terry. Thanks for the input. Let me know when you're ready. I bought the Panasonic BL-C131A, a little pricy, but the quality is probably one of the best out there right now. Thanks to Robert, I was able to finish this one out. For some reason, it won't let me look at the link as you all see it, but will let me look at the IP addy:50000, not sure why, but at least it's working. Let me know when you're ready to go and we'll get ya set up. :)

All, right now, if you look when the camera is at home point (the center circle) on the larger piece of table rock, I have epoxied some awesome zoos I just got from MrCoral.com and if you look straight down, "Tuck" the BSJF is in his other burrow (his vacation burrow as I like to call it - LOL) He's such a show off, I swear, he knows I put the camera there a couple days ago, because he wasn't interested in that side of the tank until the camera went up. What a HAM! <heh>

Howdy all, I just fed the tank, today was just a touch of Rod's food with some roti-feast, phyto-feast and marine snow. Everyone in the tank is going bonkers. :lol:

lcstorc

Aww. I missed feeding time. Is it normally a little after 6? That would be really fun to watch.
I love the way you can move the camera around to view various parts of the tank. Of course I spent most of my time watching Tuck's antics. Looks like he is spitting sand everywhere. I'll have to look and see where he has it piled up in a while.
Thanks for setting this up. It is a lot of fun.

lcstorc

Well he just got excited about something. Zipping and zapping up and down.
That was really fun. Now it is time to go play with Sunshine. :)

That's so cool that you're keeping up with the tank this way Lynn and that you like it so much. Makes it all worth while to share with my reef buddies out here. Feeding time is a little weird around here. Both my hubby and I work strange hours being in computers, so usually anytime between 5PM and 8PM CT is when I try to make it happen. Tell ya what though, after I get thru this oncall phase which starts tomorrow and goes for a week, I will try to get on a better schedule with feeding. I will try my best to feed at about the same time tomorrow.

I was feeding every other day, but noticed that things get mad at me in the tank, so basically, I try to cut down and now feed every day, but do usually skip at least one day in the tank just to make them search a bit more. So how about this, you be on the look out for this thread sometime tomorrow around 6ish your time 5ish my time and I'll set a reminder so you can watch.

And YES, I believe Tuck knows the camera is there, because ever since I set it up, like I said before, he goes over to that side of the tank instead of his typical burrow ... I think I'm going to have to add some more rubble to the tank so he can reinforce his "vacation home" lol Thanks again for checkin' out the cam.

JoJo

do i need to install the ActiveX on my computer to see it? everytime i go to the webcam its just a grey screen and my spam blocker asks if i want to instiall ActiveX

You may have to install activeX, YES. Make sure you are looking at the cam between the hours of 12:00 (noon) CT and 11:00 PM CT as those are the times the webcam is on. Those are also the same hours the lights are on. Actinics coming on at noon, with white on at 1:00 PM, then whites off at 10:00 PM and actinics off at 11:00 PM. Again all times are Central Time Zone.

I have put a banner up out there, but you may need to install activeX to see the banner. :)

JoJo

hey i just checked out your web cam. thats really cool, i think you've started a new trend.

:lol: JoJo, I don't know about a new trend, I just thought it would be a neat idea. Actually, from what I heard Robert, (rmlevasseur) has one running as well. He was the one that helped me out in setting mine up. It's pretty neat to see when people are on and watch the camera move to see what they're lookin' at. :) Glad you enjoy the cam too. Feel free to check it out anytime you want. I bet you caught it with the actinics eh? If only a little sooner and you could have seen with the white lights too. Thanks for checking it out!