A little Favia help please

bourganaes

Hi I have a pink and green favia- it color is still stunning but it seems to be receeding- my tank is healthy and it gets plenty of light- any suggestions?

Witfull

parameters? pH. ammo, trites, trates? how long have you had it? how much is it opening up?

bourganaes

I've had this little beasty about 3 months- it looks to open extensively- all water parameters seem to be ok- I am locating him to another spot in the tank to see if that makes him happier.And just why do you hate crabs- I work with several and they aren't really that bad-lol

Brucey

bourganaes said:
all water parameters seem to be ok

CAn you tell us what they are ???? What is the flow around the coral like and what lighting do you have. Sorry, it's like stumbling in the dark with so little info
Brucey

bourganaes

HI - SORRY i TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK TO YOU- TO MUCH WORK AND NOT ENOUGH TIME. i AM NOT SURE OF THE EXACT SPECIES- WATER FLOW CAN BE CONSIDERED MEDIUM- BUT I DO TURN OFF ALL FILTRATION FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS WHEN FEEDING. LIGHTING IS 360 WATTS PC AND 250 WATTS METAL HALIDE ON A 55 GALLON TANK. THE LITTLE GUY IS PLACED FAIRLY HIGH IN THE TANK

RanRoc

Hope I don't sound like I'm off the subject, but do you have a pic of it? Also, specific numbers on the parameters might be helpful. I know when I first started, the parameters I thought were ok turned out to be not OK for certain corals in my tank. Also, what else do you keep in the tank? Something might be bothering it, although I'm inclined to think that placing it up high near those lights might be affecting it somehow.
-RY

bourganaes

Thanks for your help

Thanks for taking an interest but it seems my camera uses files for it's pictures which are to big to upload on this site

bourganaes

it would seem that even having used 2 compression tools my files are 126kb- I will keep trying- thanks for your patience- and thanks for trying to help

bourganaes

Wow- I downloaded an WP power toy and it did the trick but- I had to make the file very small to fit the parameters of this uplaod- please tell me how it comes out and thanks again

Attachments

• DSC00002 (WinCE).JPG
    DSC00002 (WinCE).JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 20

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I would definitely try to place it lower in the tank...had a similar experience and now I partially shade mine from the light.

RanRoc

yes I agree, I think you have more than enough lighting (360 PC and 250 MH) on your 55 to where the favia could be placed at the bottom of the tank. Keep flow moderate.
-RY