A few OT shots processed with LightRoom

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I'm sure some of you have heard (and even downloaded) the new Adobe product LightRoom, which is a tool geared towards digital photographers, it's aimed at organization to developing and on up to print and/or web presentation. I downloaded the first beta release and it just wouldn't run very well on my computer. A couple of weeks ago they released a new build of their windows beta which runs much better and I've been playing with it a bit.

These were taken last week in a homemade studio.
_MG_0515.jpg

_MG_0495.jpg

Took these about 6 weeks ago ad reprocessed with Lightroom
_MG_0431-Edit-2.jpg

_MG_0430-Edit.jpg

And finally a shot I took at the LFS that I never processed, couldn't get the curve the way I wanted it. Nothing special but I like it now.
_MG_8085-Edit.jpg

I'm really enjoying the program and when it's finally released it promises to be much cheaper than Photoshop (although not a replacement). I did very little to these in PS after converting with LightRoom, used the spot healing brush, resized and sharpened. I hope you enjoy the pics and maybe give you a reason to check out LightRoom.

mps9506

yowza... cool pictures.
Replacement for photoshop elements maybe? I'm guessing it is geared towards point and shoot photographers like me?

reefrunner

Contributing Member
No it's geared towards the professionl, semi-pro and serious amatuers. It is simply not as loaded with crap as PhotoShop is. PhotoShop wasn't designed for photographers, it's been around longer than digital cameras. This new product isn't going to have the bloat that PS does eg. when I downloaded PS CS2 it was around 130MB, this new program is around 10MB. The workflow is great, it's just still a bit unresponsive, but it's still beta and the new beta is light years better than the last one.

But because it doesn't have as much as PS, they can't price it the same. So far thew only stance that Adobe has come with is that tit will be less than PS but more than elements. I think it will end up being between 200-300 dollars. Whih will make it more affordable and more enticing to everyone. Especially when you can combine it with elements to finish polishing the photo. If there were more control over shaprening, resizing and they added a spot healing brush, it's doubtful I would even open a photo in PS very often.