A few good fish..

HotelSoap

What would be some good fish for a 20 gallon FO tank? The water has been "marinating" for a few months now and it has bacteria added to it.

DaveK

Has the tank cycled yet? Typically I've found these bacteria additives to be questionable. I would make sure your set to go by adding a raw uncooked deli shrimp and letting it decay to cycle the tank. You can't be too careful.

As for fish there area a lot of possible choices. I'd keep things to about 2 or 3 small fish though. Clowns are always popular. Most smaller gobies or blennies are good also. When choosing fish for a smaller tank, choose fish that tend to stay out and are highly colorful. You want each selection to be a real gem. Research each fish you are considering.

HotelSoap

Tank is cycled there have been fish in it in the past right now its just got a filter powerhead and heater maintaining things

kmaintl

did you do anything to feed the bacteria? live bacteria kept alive is always better than bottled bacteria. there's has always been a question in my mind whether bottle bacteria is truly effective.

as for fishes, depends on budget. i've always leaned towards a rightly nice designer pair of clownfishes for a nano tank. then a goby, blenny, dottyback or firefish. i lean towards the orchid dottyback myself (magenta color).