A 55G link in the Golden Chain

goldenmean

Thanks Craig - while the new corals were acclimating I sat and looked at the tank to find the right spot for everyone which meant I had to move a few of the earlier residents.

New camera + new corals = lots of pics.

Attachments

• 12.30.07.L2.jpg
    12.30.07.L2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 12.30.07.R2.jpg
    12.30.07.R2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 75

goldenmean

Go Debbie!
Thanks again.

Lights have been out for some time and the trumpets all have their feeders out. I target feed cyclopeese. The fungia is hungry too.
These corals have acclimated to my tank very well
I broke out the old canon PowerShot for its macro setting

Fungia_DoubleSunset.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the other new Ricordia FL along with some more of the trumpet

Attachments

• BlueRic.jpg
    BlueRic.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 74
  • BlueTrumpet4.jpg
    BlueTrumpet4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 73
  • BlueTrumpet5.jpg
    BlueTrumpet5.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 73

goldenmean

Here are some pics of Mushroom Mountain along with some close ups of the new Ric Roc. It is actually 2 separate pieces of rock that I have positioned together at the base of Mushroom Mountain. The Blue Ric from the original roc came unattached recently so he is in a cup of rubble attaching himself. Then I will mount him back on the rock. I also have a stripe shroom attaching in another cup that you can see in the first pic. The last pic is with flash.
As you can tell I am still having problems with the depth of field. I cannot get all the rics in focus at the same time

Attachments

• MushMt.jpg
    MushMt.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 89
  • RicRoc2B.jpg
    RicRoc2B.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 89
  • RicRoc2.jpg
    RicRoc2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 86

BarbMazz

Jeff, your rics are just the BEST. I love how you arrange things in your tank. I sure hope I'm able to be as creative as you are.

Happy Healthy New Year to you and yours!

goldenmean

I have been working with the new camera - specifically on Depth of Field
All the Rics are in focus
but the pic is too dark.

RicRoc2C.jpg

goldenmean

Scott I have photoshop but about all I know to do with it is resize for the web.
Alonzo is the photoshop expert. He is going to have to give me more lessons.
Thanks fot the link tho. I can use it at work for sure!

Octoman

Jeff, the pictures are looking great! Have you tried using larger aperture and/or slower shutter speeds to let more light in? You might have to use a tripod so pictures don't get blurry at slower speeds. Larger aperture will make the field of focus smaller (blurry in front of and behind what you're focusing on).

goldenmean

Hey Mark,
I have just been learning about aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
Ben's Newbie Guide to Digital SLR Photography - Canon Digital Photography Forums
Last night I was experimenting with aperture trying to get a bigger depth of field/ field of focus.
I alway use a tripod when taking tank pics even before I got the SLR camera.

I have more to learn and need much more practice. I sure am glad this is a digital camera. I couldn't afford to learn this shotting on film.