791 Tds...... Oh My!!!!!!

Wednesday, my tds meter came in along with a few plumbing parts. So i tried it out at work and at home, and the results are:

Work- 801

Home - 791

At first i didnt belive it, but ask Sincityreefer he was right there watching me do the tests. I have heard others complain about a tds reading in the 300 to 400 range, but 800's, thats outta line!!

To think i drink that crap!!!!!

Whats the TDS reading in other cities???

wooddood

the wood dude
then i would say your ro/di unit is working.but i think you shoul be readind 0.how old are your membranes?with your tap water reading that high you might have to change them more often,and with a reading that high you may not get it down past 7.just my opinion though.

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
Mine runs 170 to 280 before the RO/DI and 0 to 2 depending on the last time I changed the filters and membranes after.

Any good RO/DI unit should produce very close to or right at 0 on most TDS meters unless the filters and membranes are too old.

This RO/DI unit is only 3 weeks old with less than 100g of total usage.
Just tried it again 5 min ago. this time it came in at 6 after the RO.

Its a 4 stage unit and that 6 was after the DI stage. i just shortned my reply.

im still very happy with the RODI unit. 6 or 7 is a huge improvement over 791.

Last edited:

Alf

My Tap water runs 760 TDS, Throu the RO runs 7 TDS and after DI a 1 TDS:D
So no it's possible for your's to be that high just not common. Tells you not to drink your water. I use ro for all the house water now and RO/DI for the Tanks.

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
I agree with Alf, While it is high it is still possible, you might be able to reduce it by using a Hi-S style DI cart. in your DI stage as they tend to reduce the TDS further. I wouldn't drink that tap water, use the RO for drinking if you can split it off before the DI stage. One thing I would do is keep an eye on the TDS level on the RO/DI output and get ready to change filters and membranes more frequently as the higher TDS will probably go through the filters faster than usual. JMO.