72 gallon to 180 gallon reef

StephNewman

I have a 72 gallon reef, I had bought all the equipment from the same person who was getting out of the hobby. I loved my 72 gallon so much that I am upgrading to a 180. Now it is time for me to explore on all the equipment I need to get this big tank started. I am buying the 180 used and it comes with the megaflow overflows. I already bought a lighting system 3 - 250 watt metal halides with 4- 24w actinic compacts. My main concerns are protein skimmer and sump design.

What is the best protein skimmer for under $300.00 or possible higher cost skimmers that I can get used for under $300.00

I currently have a wet/dry that I want to put the skimmer I buy in (will remove the bioballs and have it mainly just a housing for the skimmer), one of the overflow outputs will go to this, then the other overflow output will go to a sump where I will put a refugium. I need to knwo how to tie everything in together so I can prevent problems of things not being consistant. Any ideas.

StephNewman

No simmer, he was jt doing saltwaterish, no corals so didn't have a skimmer. So I am in the market for one. Looki for Euroreef, aqua c, or possibly asm or equivalent.

lcstorc

No real help on the skimmer except to say rc has a very active buy/sell area so you may want to check there. As to designing the system check out melvsreef.com. Lots of plans and instructuibs for fuge and sump/fuge set ups there,
Hope that is slightly helpful.