60 Gallon Cube~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
The pair of Snowcassos (Adam & Eve) spawned today!!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

They ate the eggs :( but that is somewhat normal for new parents. Hopefully, they will have successful spawns in the future!
I am very interested to see what their offspring will look like.
:)

Blue Space

Great photos and video! Over the past 9 months I've been researching, reading, and acquiring all the necessary equipment for my first reef tank. This all happened after a friend gave me his 75 gallon aquarium and stand.

My wife thinks that I have fallen off the deep end. The hours spent at the LFS, buying countless books on the subject, reading on this forum, not to mention the money invested in equipment... It's no wonder she thinks I've lost it -although I have yet to add a drop of water into the tank yet lol. :D

After hours spent reading through your picasso breeding thread you have inspired me design my tank around a pair of clowns. I can't thank you enough for all the knowledge and insight you have provided to all that follow your posts. :thumbup:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Great photos and video! Over the past 9 months I've been researching, reading, and acquiring all the necessary equipment for my first reef tank. This all happened after a friend gave me his 75 gallon aquarium and stand.

My wife thinks that I have fallen off the deep end. The hours spent at the LFS, buying countless books on the subject, reading on this forum, not to mention the money invested in equipment... It's no wonder she thinks I've lost it -although I have yet to add a drop of water into the tank yet lol. :D

After hours spent reading through your picasso breeding thread you have inspired me design my tank around a pair of clowns. I can't thank you enough for all the knowledge and insight you have provided to all that follow your posts. :thumbup:

You are VERY welcome! It is encouraging to know someone is benefiting from my work :)

I know what you mean about the obsession! My husband knew I was nuts when I asked for a feather duster years ago for my anniversary... a tang for Christmas, equipment for my birthday... LOL :D
You will enjoy the 75 gallon. Great size with lots of potential. Let your wife help choose a few tank inhabitants and she'll get hooked just like you are!

Keep reading & learning~! :read: :read:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Adam & Eve
to
Uno & Eve
:D

Well, they spawned again yesterday and I was able to observe them well. I decided to replace the male, "Adam", with "UNO" (another Snowcasso) due to egg eating. Most likely a habit he would outgrow but I KNOW "Uno" is a good daddy already :)

I am undecided whether to keep "Adam" or sell him.

BTW... "Eve" is my current avatar.

swimmer4uus

Adam & Eve
to
Uno & Eve
:D

Well, they spawned again yesterday and I was able to observe them well. I decided to replace the male, "Adam", with "UNO" (another Snowcasso) due to egg eating. Most likely a habit he would outgrow but I KNOW "Uno" is a good daddy already :)

I am undecided whether to keep "Adam" or sell him.

Or you could just keep him till I have enough money to then buy him off you. :bouncer:

So does Uno's ex girlfriend not have a mate now?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Uno's ex-girlfriend has a Rod's onyx as a mate. They are in one of my 100 gallon sumps. They make a really nice pair.

I have kept one of Uno's and the wild caught percula offspring. He too has a number one black pattern on his left side just like his daddy :D and has grown up to be a handsome young fella. I have not put anyone with him yet...

Johnly

PS: I have an oceanic cube at 20 by 20 by 20, at 30 Gallons. I was thinking if you can get another 30 gallons by adding 4 inches to each side of the cube, then my tank must be a 35 or a 40 Gallon! 231 CI per gallon...yours is 60! And mine is 35! I always thought mine was a 30 Gallon! I am happy I did the math on that!

ma77301985

Hey Doni how are you? I know it's an old thread however I had a question about Clownfish and Glenn pointed me in your direction, and rightly so. You seem to be the Clownfish Guru!

So I was wondering if it was possible to find out why and/or how my clowns both have a white line on their spiny dorsal fin.

Misc012.jpg

thanks for your help!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Hey Doni how are you? I know it's an old thread however I had a question about Clownfish and Glenn pointed me in your direction, and rightly so. You seem to be the Clownfish Guru!

So I was wondering if it was possible to find out why and/or how my clowns both have a white line on their spiny dorsal fin.

thanks for your help!

You should ask the place that you purchased the fish from what breed of fish it is. There are so many different types now. Purebred, hybrids, many different combinations are available so it could be anything... a Heinz-57 LOL! It could be an occellaris/percula (picasso) hybrid, a percula/occellari (snowflake) hybrid, etc. .... With that said, I would guess that it might be an occellaris with a little snowflake(ocellaris) lineage.

Blue Space

thanks for your help!

I believe those are racing stripes... for racing around the tank at feeding time! :D LOL! Seriously though, they sure are pretty -thanks for posting!