6-Legged Star Fish?

Comboverguy

Just wondering if anyone has seen a 6 legged star fish. He came off of my live rock that is about 6 months old in my aquarium. Does anyone know if he is the kind that eats coral? It's about 1/2 inch in diameter.

Attachments

• IMG_2208.5.JPG
    IMG_2208.5.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 74

DaveK

What you have is an Asterina star. They are considered a problem species in a reef because they eat polyps. Remove them and destroy them.

I have lots of them in my reef and they haven't touched a single coral. My buddy also has them in his reef and still, no ill effects.

reefmasta

i call them fiji stars, but they are selective eaters on coralline algae or sometimes stoneys just depends. they are a nussence because it only takes one to make 120310293 of them. they are irregular shaped ALOT because they divide themselves to reproduce. most come out at night time. if you keep them in your tank then great, just remember to not introduce them somewhere you dont want them.

Comboverguy

Ok, this critter got a suspended sentence. He's on probation. We'll see how he acts. I hope he behaves cause he's kinda cute. Thank you all for your input.