5 more questions????????????

fishsticks

i had my fishes for 3 days now, around this time my damsel died my tester....
but my 2 clowns and my new damsel seem to be doing well..

1) i drop in a 1/4 of a mysis-shrimp cube my lil damsel is like super freaky he eats huge pieces and hes soooo tiny but my clowns eat a couple if any unlike the dansel thats a beast. are they still not comfortable? or should i try other frozens also? they didnt eat any pellets can someone tell what other frozen food they love for i can spoil them with different foods.

2) i only have a ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, hydrometer, ph test kit....
what else is important to test for??

3) and i just started doin water changes with fresh R/O water i fill up a 5gallon jug and i mix in my own salt get my salinity to 1.023. and i add in 1/3 cap of purple up.. am i doin it right?

4)i also removed my bio balls that my water drops into people kept telling me they will ruin my nitrates later.. some1 told me to put some kind of crushed live rock or it had a weird name but i dont remember. any1 know?

5) i have an oceanic biocube, and they make a 29gallon protein skimmer that sits in my dry/wet filter area in the back of my tank right befor it drops into the are where my bio balls used to be, so i ask should i get it???

by the way you all been great help i love this SITE!!!! THANK YOU ALL!

prow

1) i drop in a 1/4 of a mysis-shrimp cube my lil damsel is like super freaky he eats huge pieces and hes soooo tiny but my clowns eat a couple if any unlike the dansel thats a beast. are they still not comfortable? or should i try other frozens also? they didnt eat any pellets can someone tell what other frozen food they love for i can spoil them with different foods.
yes mix up the food as much as possible. i make up a mush of mixed foods. many pick just what they like out of the much. others like you damels will eat whatever floats by.

2) i only have a ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, hydrometer, ph test kit....
what else is important to test for??
is this for a fish only tank? if so thats about it. reef add Ca+ and alk at least. one rule to follow with any dosing. if your not testing for it dont dose it.

3) and i just started doin water changes with fresh R/O water i fill up a 5gallon jug and i mix in my own salt get my salinity to 1.023. and i add in 1/3 cap of purple up.. am i doin it right?
purple up sucks:) but the rest sounds good. the salinity is fine if this is for a fish only tank.

4)i also removed my bio balls that my water drops into people kept telling me they will ruin my nitrates later.. some1 told me to put some kind of crushed live rock or it had a weird name but i dont remember. any1 know?
well for a reef yeah, bio balls grow aerobic bacteria which produce nitrates. no anaerobic growths so the nitrates remain. for a fish only tank that is fine. not for a reef. i am gettting the feeling this going to be a reef yeah?

5) i have an oceanic biocube, and they make a 29gallon protein skimmer that sits in my dry/wet filter area in the back of my tank right befor it drops into the are where my bio balls used to be, so i ask should i get it???
i will let someone that has one or know more about them chim in on this.