46 gallon bow front

Epictofer

So i have this 46 gallon bow front tank just sitting in my living room empty.
it was a freshwater tank at some earlier point in its life time. what i want to do is build a over flow/refugium on the inside of the tank, i guess like the bio cube tanks.
i have searched a little bit around on the site and cant find a good explanation on what i need to build and why. im a very visual learner so any diagrams and pictures would help! right now i have a 20 gallon tall tank setup that has been going for about 4 months ide say? i could set this up as a sump but i have no place to put it and im not really sure how that works either. sorry if these are newbie questions ide just really like to know what im doing before i go buy materials and start building! thanks for you replies in advance!!

GlassMunky

basically youll end up needing a big piece for the fake back wall, and some small dividers to seperate the chambers. youll also need some aquarium silicone to seal it in place. But the basic idea is water overflows into chamber one, falls into chamber 2 and then flows into chamber 3 where the return pump is circulating it back into the tank. And you can use the different back chambers to house your different equipment, like the heater, and the skimmer intake and whatnot. I also put a bag of carbon in chmaber 2 on my biocube, but you can put any kind of filter media, or even put some cheato back there with a little light to use as a fuge. they even have underwater LEDs which work well for that purpose. Basically your just building a seperate area from the Display, where all your filtration can go on without being seen. If you didnt save the link, check out "melvesreef" for some good info on sumps in general. its the same concept, your just putting it behind a wall in your tank insteaqd of under the stand.

Epictofer

yea i saved it on my home PC but im at work right now! thanks for explaining it again braahhh! what kind of material should i use for the wall? is plain acrylic ok? ill swing by lowes tonight and get started on this if i can!