2 Month Blues

Oxylebius

Question 1 - Brown Algae
Wipe off the glass with a rag/towel to ensure I remove as much from the tank as I can.

From your first post, you mentioned using a rag/towel to clean algae off the glass....I'd suggest not using a rag/towel to wipe off the algae, you can introduce additional unwanted nitrate/phosphates from the residue laundry detergent you use and paper towels can not only introduce unwanted trace chemicals but can fall apart.

There are items on the market that make cleaning the glass easier. Items from magnet scrapers to other scrapers that have nice long handles so you can keep your hands out of the tank. They aren't that expensive and it will be an item you can use over and over again. If you go with a scraper that has metal, this is great to scrape coralline algae off the glass (note: only use sharp metal scrappers, like razor blades, on glass tanks and not acrylic tanks).

For lighting: it doesn't need to be on for 24hrs a day. It would be better to have the light and dark period just like they do in the wild.

IanReefer

On that brain, it looks like he is under an overhang. It could also be starving for light too. Try putting him higher up on your rocks just to be sure, at least temporarily.

I would also try a different test kit on your phosphates. I'm willing to be you have more than "0."

Also ensure your bulbs are relatively new. As bulbs age, they put out more and more red light, which promotes nuisance algae growth too.

Ian