1st time here

blondie323

Hi

It is my first time here...found the site by accident but happy I did.

55g
2 clown
1 purple knife
1 scooter blemmie
1 snowflake eel
1 niger trigger 1"
1 picasso 1 1/2"
1 cucunber

bluey

hi im new here my bf had a tomatoe clown fish and it only lived about a week and i just wanted to know why did it die

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to RS Bluey~~ :)

Sorry about your clown death :( What were the water parameters -- Ammonia, NitrIte, nitrAte, PH, temp, salinity? How long has your tank been set up? Other tank inhabitants? Did you notice any spots or rapid breathing prior to its death? .....

Dragon Wrasse

Sorry about the lose bluey....we would need to know about your tank set up and water paramerters before that question could be answered. BTW Welcome to Reef Sanctuary.

bluey

Woodstock said:
Welcome to RS Bluey~~ :)

Sorry about your clown death :( What were the water parameters -- Ammonia, NitrIte, nitrAte, PH, temp, salinity? How long has your tank been set up? Other tank inhabitants? Did you notice any spots or rapid breathing prior to its death? .....

bluey

we have had it set up since nov 27th all the levels r good ammonia is good and nitrate and nitrite and salt. no spots and no rapid breathing he was fine yesterday morning and then thomas was getting ready to go to bed and he was belly up. i was just wandering if he could of been a sick fish to begin with

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
It is possible that the fish was sick before you bought it. Keep an eye on your other fish....

Dragon Wrasse

Acclimation plays an important part in reducing stress when adding livestock to your tank. There are a few different methods; maybe some research in this area can help in the future?? I usually float the bag the critter is in with my lights off, when the temp. Is the same as the tank, I start a portal water replacement (a little at a time) and then I remove the critter from the bag and place him in the tank (I don't like to add foreign water to my tank). Maybe the others can chime in with their favorite methods.