180 The Simple Way

ReefLady

Staff member
3wormsweb-med.jpg

3snuggle2web-med.jpg

3snailglassweb-med.jpg

Gina

RS STAFF
Ah...eye candy as always! Your 180 looks like it's coming along nicely! I especially like the LPS mountain! Sorry about your light cracking. We had problems with our bulbs also but, they were right on it to replace our bulbs. Looking forward to seeing how the new ones will look.

ReefLady

Staff member
Just a little update... board has kep me busy the last couple of weeks and I've kept my grubby hands out of the tank. Which is a good thing!

No new additions, no new anything... nice...and...slow...

must...resist! :)

The hair algae is definitely waning. Foxface is working the bryopsis pretty good. Zos are EXTREMELY happy under the 14K hamilton's, but my hystrix isn't coloring up as quickly as I'd hoped.

That's it. Sorry, no pics this time. :)

edit: Oh, yeah. with the 14K hamilton's I switched the 2x110 VHO to 50-50's and the color is VERY nice. The VHO now add a bit of daylight to the almost-too-blue of the hamiltons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gina

RS STAFF
Nice fish Travis! I really like the flames also. Very colorful fish. Great shots as always!

wooddood

the wood dude
aww anthias very very awesome looking fish i had 2 a while back and they became victims to the overflow, i need to put some screen on that overflow real fast. the tanks lookin sweet travis congrats buddy. :turntable

dave. :smoking:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
What were your camera settings Travis?? The fish look as though they were posing for you!

ReefLady

Staff member
Camera settings- well, on these I used a flash technique to underexpose the backgrounds while properly exposing the fish (didn't work as well on the flame shots, as they're a bit underexposed). So the shutter was locked at 1/250, aperture around f/4-f/5.6, ISO 400 I believe.

ReefLady

Staff member
Sailfin is chilling in the 55, not a pretty tank to take pics of. The idea was to QT him in there, but now that the butterfly is in the 55 as well I think the sailfin will be going into the main tank. Worried about bioload in the 55.

Craig Manoukian

I don't know how I missed this thread but it is breathtaking! Great job Travis, administrator and reefer extraordinaire!

Gina

RS STAFF
Gosh Travis,
You sure take awesome photos! Every little detail can be seen. Always enjoy looking at your pics!

The Camel

Travis i want to know how you are managing to keep the clarity when resizing the images???? HOW do you fit your images into the 50k target or do moderators get a bonus, coz i put my hand up. (not that i know anything of course)