14 nano

jaybroreef

hey guys, dont mean to be a bummer, but I would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience. Right before x-mas last year, I got sick, went to the doc, and was diagnosed with cancer. My family knows that I love corals, and aquariums, the seashore, etc. well, they are so genorous they pitched in and got me the oceanic 14 bio- reef. Ive had reef aquariums on and off for 20 years, and I thought this would be the coolest thing ever to give me a little peace thru chemo. Well anyway, I got it set up, broke- in, and had some beautiful corals that were very healthy.At some point the fans started making a horrible sound, then the lighting systemgave out. No lights. Tried new bulbs, no good. Then I got a 70 watt current halide, great piece of equipment! Everything was fine for a few months, and the bio-cube tank started leaking, slowly. I mean, the thing literally fell apart before my eyes! I called the company several times, with no reply. I guess Ill pick up a 20 gallon, and put the halide over it, and get a hang-onfilter as soon as can be afforded. Sorry for such a bummer entry, but just think hard about what you get.:dryer:

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I have had my BC 29 for almost a year now with no issues like you are explaining. Im sorry for all that. Sorry about your diagnosis as well.

Royalscott

My 10 year old has had his 29 biocube since November without any problems. I would definitely keep calling Oceanic.

Hang in there and keep the faith. I am a 5 year cancer survivor and I will be the first to tell you that treatment F*&^@%$ SUCKS big time!! The entire cancer process sucks actually, even now, I still have days that suck! Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk or even vent.

Do you get the magazine, CURE? Its all about cancer treatments, inspiring stories, exercise programs, diet ect.