14 gallon Biocube

top off? i have a 29g and i only top off when i see it getting low? like just at the top of the pump.. you cant generalize it, it being when you top off because there are many variables to the equation: tank temp, outside temp, elevation.. all those types of things because those dictate the amount of water that is evaporated... id say just check it every week or so..

AndtheBonus

I have a 24g and I top off everyday. I only have to do that though because I have a nice big fan over the tank so I have a lot of evaporation! When the fan is off I only top off about twice a week. Btw I have MH's for my lighting so that means more evaporation then lets say PC's.

slakker

with the 14G, I have a light mod so it runs a bit hotter hence more evaporation. But still, I top off about 2 times a week... and about a cup worth of water...

astiesi

I feed every other day and since I have to get RO to rinse the food, I top off at the same time. Not really sure how much each time, probably about a 1/2 cup. I just fill the tank up to the same line everytime and so far it has worked for me.

Get a auto top off unit such as jbj ato, an aqualifter pump and prefilter,an empty 5 gallon water jug. I've got this set up on my 14 gallon biocube and it works very well. Plus it fits under the cabinet. Beats topping off every day and takes the headache out of forgetting to top off. I run my bio open top because of my lighting system so I have a good deal of evaporation.

I had the back cover open with my stock Tunze skimmer cup and had to top off every day due to the evaporation...talking about annoying...I have a JBJ ATO but haven't hooked it up yet. Anyway I got a custom cup now that fits with the back cover closed.