14 biocube / clownfish fighting too much

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
To post pictures, I use photobucket. It's FREE & really simple to use. Do you post from your phone or computer?
You can upload to photobucket from either. Photobucket will give you a URL to paste into the box the little picture frame above this message box gives you.

brunosm3179

My whole tank shot
wholetank_zpsf0308e09.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My sexy shrimp
sexyshrimp_zps825cd00f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My clowns Not too sure what they are. Either black snowflake or phantom?
phantomclownsenjoyingreef_zpsd60183c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

phantombrightnemo_zps93810f77.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

partialtank_zps114cd5bc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

One of my Favorite mushrooms I have

mushroomrockfeatherduster_zpsef2a695d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My clam/oyster that was sold to me as a mushroom rock!!!
openingoysterclam_zps336e0b42.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

doublephantonblurr_zpsb495f76e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My bubble coral has respwaned on his skeleton
bubblerespawn_zpse70d26c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

clamoysterwithmushrooms_zpsf87c1bf5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

brunosm3179

Thank you they were sold to me as black ice, but it is still a mystery on what they really are. I think the clowns have settled finally. I woke up this morning to find them sleeping together in a ditched they created in the sand bed and he has no bruising!! So I think they have became a pair!! but I think he was stressed so much during the process that he ended up with ich. Because when i went to bed this morning he was covered in dots and they are gone again today so I believe they have fell off and will be coming back. I have treated them with ich - attack anyone have any luck with this stuff? or should I copper treat them ? I don't won't to lose them to Ich now....

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I hope your clowns get back to 100% health. They sure have a BEAUTIFUL TANK to live in :snshne:
Love the red mushrooms, tank looks bigger than 14gal.
I've not had to treat ICH yet, hope someone can advise you. You might have room for a tiny terra cotta clay pot for them. Some Dollar Stores sell the 3/$1.00 & some craft stores have them also. I bought the larger (3.5") one on-line but didn't bookmark the website. Thanks for posting pictures, it's great to be able to share our beloved hobby here at RS. :D

brunosm3179

So I am going to get a pot for them should I clean it at all before in goes in the tank? I am glad to finally share my happy tank , I dont know how I have made it this far into the hobby (5yrs) and have not joined a forum!!!! The red shrooms are cool and have been spreading very quickly. It is like every day there is a new baby one.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'd just rinse it off good....terra cotta clay pots are often used in breeder tanks so I'm sure they do no harm in any SW tank. Just have to search for the tiny ones...can be hard to find sometimes.
You might want to try to get the Aiptasia (glass anemones) killed off out of your tank. I added a peppermint shrimp that ate the few I had. But there are different varieties of peppermints that some will & some won't. Hard to trust getting one that will sometimes. Chemicals are a bit scary used in the display tank to me so BE CAREFUL especially in that small of a tank.

brunosm3179

They look like my ORA black ice snowflakes.

eta2amuq.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

They do look like your ora black ice. I got them from petco on a huge discount and I have been told they get overstock from ORA every so often. Do you think this is true? they were sold to me as Black Ice clowns. How much are they normally if you dont mind me asking?

LSUFireGal

They do look like your ora black ice. I got them from petco on a huge discount and I have been told they get overstock from ORA every so often. Do you think this is true? they were sold to me as Black Ice clowns. How much are they normally if you dont mind me asking?

I have seen ORA stuff at petco before so it may very well be true. I know they are expensive but I got mine with my system. I bought it established but the documents from ORA were in the folder he gave me.

LSUFireGal

6uhu9yvy.jpg

Here is a pic where you can see their undersides. Since they were snuggled in the rbta in my 1st pic.

brunosm3179

well my Clowns didnt make it, :( ich got the best of them and I would not advise any one to use Ich-Attack. I had to learn the hard way and now I am leaving my tank to sit for a month or two to let the Ich die off.... I am So bummed out, they finally were happy with each other and then they both died from the Ich. What could I have done differently I did the water changes and took the carbon filter out used the Ich attack Like it said. Still so bummed out about it.

LSUFireGal

well my Clowns didnt make it, :( ich got the best of them and I would not advise any one to use Ich-Attack. I had to learn the hard way and now I am leaving my tank to sit for a month or two to let the Ich die off.... I am So bummed out, they finally were happy with each other and then they both died from the Ich. What could I have done differently I did the water changes and took the carbon filter out used the Ich attack Like it said. Still so bummed out about it.

Sorry for your loss. The only cures for ich are copper, hyposalinity and tank transfer. All of which have to happen in a bare qt/hospital tank. There is no reef safe cure. Could have also been brook or velvet though.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Sorry for the loss of your clowns :(
Just keep your water changes up & concentrate on making the tank healthy for your corals. The wait to add fish again will be long & require your patience but it will be worth it. HANG IN THERE!
Keep us posted with updates.