135gal Reef Build (Many Pics)

ragvette

I picked up a 135Gallon Oceanic Aquarium last month.

Here is the tank the day I picked it up sitting in my garage in need of some cleaning. It was too heavy for only two guys to carry it into my basement. Also it should be easier to clean in the garage and then give the back a new coat of paint without messing up the house.
image135Gal001.jpg

Side view:
Image135Gal002.jpg

Some of the clean-up progress completed. A spray bottle of a water and vinegar mix gets most of the corline algae off. Using a razor blade I got all the corline algae off and it makes quick work of removing the paint on the back.
Image135Gal003.jpg

135g tank is almost cleaned up and below is the 55g sump plus a 29g the person also had when I picked up the 55g. I figured the 29gal will make a good refugium above the 135g once its setup and running.
Image135Gal004.jpg

Anyone know who's tank this was?

olivert00

Oh My Gosh! The tank looks great...I wondered what happened after painting the back and I see you have been very busy.

Debbie

ragvette

Here are some macro shots. I just got the macro lens and really need to work on getting some better shots.

IMG_3058_small.jpg

IMG_3062_small.jpg

IMG_3063_small.jpg

IMG_3066_small.jpg

IMG_3067_small.jpg

IMG_3075_small.jpg

My favorite macro shot so far.
IMG_3060_small.jpg

JoJo

Hey Rodney,

Your tank is gorgeous, so much life coloration. It makes me regret tearing down my 135g

ragvette

ok, here is the entire setup. Photo below is the 135g is on the right, the 125g frag tank is to the left and the small 20g RO/DI water reserve tank that feeds into the 55g sump tank is in the center.

IMG_3123_small.jpg

Here is a better picture of the 20g RO/DI fresh water reserve with the 55g sump to the left of it.
IMG_3125_small.jpg

and a better photo of the 55g sump. I don't have any baffles in the sump so far. another project I guess.
IMG_3126_small.jpg

The entire system is currently running on three separate 15amp GFCI circuits. I currently don't have a controller running the system but I'm working on a DIY controller based on X10 outlets. The first steps of my DIY controller will be to monitor temp which will control heating/cooling and the second part will be controlling the 5 x 250mh lights on both tanks ( 2 on the 125g / 3 on the 135g). First steps will also include emails for alerting on high/low temps and a web site where I can monitor the system from any location.

Think that would be good for the first steps on a controller, right?

Any feedback on the DIY Controller is welcome. :wave:

IMG_3131_small.jpg

and I do need to paint the hood of the 125g. add +1 to the project list.