130D 1st Fish

after having my live rock in for 2 weeks and the CUC in for a week bought my 1st fish yesterday
2 small percula x b&w percula clowns. Having looked at them in my tank I have noticed that 1 is deformed in the face 1 large eye and the opposite side lower jaw is also massive.
Will this kill ths fish. It sees to be feeding and behaving fine.
Should I take te juvenile pair out and return them?
I have placed a bag of rowa phos in the back sump but would like to be using nopox my lfs says you can run them in tandem. Is that correct?
The pill bottle mod is superb
Loving the tank, more ad more life keeps appearing on the rock everyday is a new discovery. Latest is a tiny star fish type creature in white, the tentacles seem to be able to extend for miles

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
No sure anyone knows on the clown... Congrats on the pill bottle mod and feedback ! Rock watching is fun :dance:

Start a tank thread & post us some pics :dance:

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
My first clown had a screwy mouth too. Natures imperfect. However he's still kicking around.

,......im Matt n i support this message

ausreef

i would return the clowns as it means you can never breed with them,also im not sure if you like the colour but BW x orange are usually not raised as the colour is not good,there are plenty of first rate clowns out there. BTW BW clowns are ocellaris not perc's make sure he hasnt charged you for percs which cost a lot more,deformed baby clowns are usually a water or feeding issue at a very young age,but i have also seen them in a local breeders stock, several times in a row which would indicate a genetic problem,i always cull them but its really up to you

Swapped the clowns for 2 standard clowns
Fantastic deep red colour
I have 3 red legged hermits or so I thought I have just found 1 dead not in a shell only thing in the tank is hermits snails and 2 nemo
Why causes them to die?

Sorry it wasn't a snail that died it was a hermit crab or so I thought
Just spotted all three walking around
Guess 1 must have shed it's shell
Put my 1st zoa in today bought it from my LFS just noticed a bonus crab hidden in the piece of live rock the zoa came on ;)

ChrisY

Ug. keep an eye on it. a lot of hitchhiker crabs are not good news. some are but keep an eye on it.

nanoreefing4fun had a link for ID'ing them I'll see if I can find it and post it.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Good to her all is well, hermits change shells a lot & eat snails to get them... keep a bunch of bigger empty shells helps or replacing your snails periodically

No crabs here Love snails & I don't want them eating mine :)

But they are fun to watch