120g FOWLR Filtration

xxnonamexx

I am in the process of moving my 120g FOWLR into the wall. My current filtration is a sump with Filter sock, liver rock and protein skimmer. I just want to make sure this is the most efficient. If I need to make a change I would rather do it before the move. Thanks

jpsika08

Maybe some Activated carbon and if you have any phosphates and nitrate problems, some bio-pellets in reactor.

jpsika08

Not really necessary if your water params are in order.
I think with most equipment you mentioned above you're going to be fine.

xxnonamexx

I want to replace my PC. Do you think the Marineland Reef capable are a good LED alternative? The price is nice and inexpensive compared to other LED units. I have Phos-x and Carbon in my tank now. Do you think a Reactor that has both Nitrat and Phos meadia is a better alternative? Thanks

catran

I want to replace my PC. Do you think the Marineland Reef capable are a good LED alternative? The price is nice and inexpensive compared to other LED units. I have Phos-x and Carbon in my tank now. Do you think a Reactor that has both Nitrat and Phos meadia is a better alternative? Thanks

They're inexpensive for a reason. They're 1w LEDs. You need 3w for your tank. There's cheaper solutions. Try ReefLedLights or ModularLED for DIY with excellent instructions, so easy that I was going to build mi e for a pico tank. I never got a pico though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

catran

They're inexpensive for a reason. They're 1w LEDs. You need 3w for your tank. There's cheaper solutions. Try ReefLedLights or ModularLED for DIY with excellent instructions, so easy that I was going to build mi e for a pico tank. I never got a pico though...
If its still too much, get T5's instead. A lot of people swear by their T5's!