120' long x 6' deep snow drift. :rolleyes:

Pro_builder

The big snow that we got on Saturday night to Sunday night, dumped 6 to 8" in the Iowa City, Iowa area.
No Big deal, we are used to that.
Well I went out to go to work on Monday morning, and looked at my 750 foot lane that leads to the house......
There was a drift that was about 120 feet long and 6 feet deep drift in the middle of it.
Now the bummer. My Bobcat was on the jobsite, so I didn't have it to use, :rolleyes: the snow blower is just a little one for side walks.
There are trees all the way down both sides of the lane, so no way to get out to go get the Bobcat, and nobody that works with me has a truck that will pull the Bobcat and trailer, so here I am stuck waiting to get out.
I have been digging for 2 days now. We are getting there, but not very fast. I have a few friends that are going to go get it today and bring it out here, to the house. Then I can move the snow from the road to the house shouldn't take more than 6 hours then. :rolleyes:
Well anyway, hope nobody else has this type of problem.
Just wanted to let you all know why I haven't been on much this week.

wooddood

the wood dude
sorry to hear that troy,man i hate snow.got up this morning and it's like 1 degree above zero with a high of 10 exspected.i feel for ya buddy good luck with the drift.

Curtswearing

Oh Bummer!!!

If they announce anything over 3 inches on the news, St. Louis goes into full panic mode. Everybody runs to the grocery store and buys 100% of the bread and milk that is on the shelf. The snowstorm of 1982 was a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time ago but people still do this panic thing every year.

I just shake my head.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.

mwrager

I can say been there done that, I even have the tee shirt. That is when I lived in Waterloo, Iowa, now in Gilbert, AZ. No snow here.:bigblue:

Pro_builder

True you have no snow, but we have no sand storms either.
The snow wasn't that bad, it just drifted into my lane really bad.
:rolleyes:

SaltyQueen

that happened to me once last year- we got a really bad snow storm, and I had to get to work, so one of my co-workers had to pick me up on his snowmobile, and we rode that 15 minutes to work. Let's just say it was an adventure!

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
I remember when my parents had a motel in Vermont on the lake and the snow drift was so deep it came up to the eve of the motel.:)

mnreefman

i coulda used it today... put a few feet of it behind some of the kickers and table tops we were ripping up today... man ice is hard