12 gallon journey

Yes it does suck and it looks like im out for a new LFS and im stuck with the goby, after he told me when i bought it he didnt know much about them now they are saying there is nothing wrong with the fish and i dont need to bring it back and i will have to deal with his short life span:( . so i am stuck with him for the moment and will still update on how he is doing, wich is great at the moment

Do you know anyone in your area ho has a cold water marine tank? Maybe you can advertise a catalina goby for a cold water system. Yeah, you'd be surprised how many LFS don't know squat about what they are selling. That's why I always do research before buy anything from them. Most LFSs will tell you what you want to hear in order to make a sale. There are the odd few here and there that are on the up and up and will make sure that you have the proper equipment, etc to care for a certain type of marine species.

Also, if you paid for the fish with credit, you can contact your credit card company and tell them the LFS store sold youa fish they were saying was a tropical species but they were mistaken. And now they won't take the fish back even though they sold it to you with incorrect information. You might be able to get your money back through your credit card company.