10g Nano starting to look like a reef!!!!

TomV

Well, thanks to some generosity and caring by my fellow reefers, Teri and Tommyp, I now have some cool corals and the 10 gallon Nano is looking WONDERFUL!!

I am so completely pleased with this tank! Now, I really gotta work on getting my 29 Gallon to look this good!! I can't thank those two and EVERYONE else enough for your help, insight, and guidance!! I am so completely overjoyed with this tank!

Just this last weekend, I found tiny pods running around on my glass! There is a heavy concentration of them next to a "Pod Love Nest - Half of a Penguin Mini intake tube)! I got the idea from a website somewhere! Those pod lovenests (any tube that is about 4-6" long and too thin for a fish to get inside--set on the substrate in a corner) REALLY work!!

So, here are some specs and a couple pics!

Equipment:
10g AGA tank
96w Coralife Power Quad PC lights (50/50-Actinic/10,000k)
Seaclone 100 Protein Skimmer
Aquaclear 301 Powerhead set at half flow
Visi-therm 100w heater set at 78

Corals:
Colt Coral
Yellow Polyps
Brown Star Polyps
Green Star Polyps
Blue, Red and Purple Shrooms
Finger Leather
Various Zoanthids
Anthelia
2 kinds of Pulsing Xenia
Hairy Mushroom
Various Dusters of all kinds and colors

Inhabitants:
Cleanup Crew (Snails and a few hermits)
Vermitid Snails
Oscellaris Clown
Scooter Blenny
Bicolor Blenny
2-3 Asterina(sp) Starfish

When these corals start taking over and overpopulating---which I am told they WILL-- the extras will just have to find their way to the 29g!

TomV

Since I can only post really SMALL pictures, I will post the Left and right sides of this tank.... Here's the left. :D

I am REALLY proud of this tank!! :D

TomV

And here's the right side.

Notice in the upper left is the Xenia formerly thought of as an Anthelia. The stalk has elongated and there are around 8 or 9 more pulsing heads off the main stalk.

semigodd154

looks like a nice nano but i think i would increase the flow in it you got some serious cyano bacteria in there try syphoning it out when you do a water change if you dont keep on it and get rid of it your gonna have bigger issues later.

TomV

Thanks for the comments, folks! :D :D

semigodd: The Cyano was a LOT worse before. I was overdosing the tank with additives and didn't realize it. It's being dealt with on a daily basis and receding. :)