10 gallon lighting

i just put 36 watts of light on my ten g, 18 actinic 18 10k, should this be enough light for softies and zoas and also has anyone used a air driven skimmer in there small setups.

Rhodes19

i just put 36 watts of light on my ten g, 18 actinic 18 10k, should this be enough light for softies and zoas and also has anyone used a air driven skimmer in there small setups.

Yeah, that is plenty of light for softies and zoas. That's what I have on my 10 and they are doing great. I am assuming you mean an air stone driven skimmer as all skimmers have some form of air injections system. I haven't used one but I'm sure some one who has will jump in. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm running 65w x 65w over my 10g and LOVE it! It's probably the best $100 I've spent.

man thats alot of light i dont even have that good of light on my 40 gallon. And yes i mean a limewood airstone driven skimmer, they are cheap my only worrys are that i will get to many micro bubble in the tank

Rhodes19

I'm running 65w x 65w over my 10g and LOVE it! It's probably the best $100 I've spent.

Al, do yo have to wear sunglasses to look at your tank?!! LOL :snshne:

seahorseman86,

The air stone skimmers are supposed to be very efficient especially when used in tall skimmers. The down side from what I have read is that the stone becomes clogged fairly quickly and need to be replaced about monthly. From what I also understand, you have to tune them on a regular basis. I haven't read anything about having micro bubbles in the DT thought.