10 gal reef coral and seahorse only tank

DJLiquid

I just added two seahorses to my 10 gallon reef and they are eating mysis shrimp wonderfully. I just want to know if I can get away with not feeding them every day like I do with my other fish in my other nano aquariums? Are they any different as far as their metabolism compared to other fish that they have to be fed so often? Because I read in some places they should be fed a few times per day. I just don't want to pollute the water with over feeding.

Smoker

I tried keeping them in a 20 gallon some years ago when they were cheap. I couldn't keep any of them alive past 6 months. I was told their lifespan in the sea isn't very long either. They don't have a stomach and need to eat all the time.

l3fty999

I just added two seahorses to my 10 gallon reef and they are eating mysis shrimp wonderfully. I just want to know if I can get away with not feeding them every day like I do with my other fish in my other nano aquariums? Are they any different as far as their metabolism compared to other fish that they have to be fed so often? Because I read in some places they should be fed a few times per day. I just don't want to pollute the water with over feeding.

Hey, why not do some reading/posting in the seahorse/pipefish forum? There's lots of good information there, good reading even if you don't have seahorses or pipefish.

Aaron