1/4" long fine line in glass radius.

Ksalsedo

I have had my RSM 250 up and running for 1 week now and on the 1st day after I filled it with Natural Sea Water noticed a 1/4" long fine line about 1" down from the top in glass radius. I can't feel it on the exterior or the interior, it seems to be in the center of the glass. Has anyone else noticed anything in the radius or rounded corner (if you now what I mean) of their RSM?

Last edited:

tnwillia

Can you get a picture of it? Assuming this is a new tank I'd contact Pinky with Red Sea, send her the picture and tank info and see what she says. We've had a few members have their 250 crack in the rounded corners. I have a couple of lines in mine but they are scratches I know I made with sand in my MagFloat. Better be safe than sorry! Good luck!

Pinky Bulot U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

Ksalsedo

Thanks Tom, I tried to take a pic of it but it was so fine that my camera in my iPhone could not capture it. I will try and get a real dig camera and try again. I would hate for it to start to crack in the months to come. I had emailed Red Sea to there address posted on there web sight to ask if it was a problem and did not get a reply. I will try with the contact info you gave.

Thanks again....

tnwillia

You may not get anything usable, seems like other talked about how hard it was to get a picture. Agree, on getting to Red Sea now. If they think it's a crack they will send you a new tank, or they have for others. Call or E-mail Pinky, she it the greatest customer service rep in the world! Never heard anyone say a bad thing about her. Good luck with it!

Ksalsedo

You may not get anything usable, seems like other talked about how hard it was to get a picture. Agree, on getting to Red Sea now. If they think it's a crack they will send you a new tank, or they have for others. Call or E-mail Pinky, she it the greatest customer service rep in the world! Never heard anyone say a bad thing about her. Good luck with it!