Search results

1. Seth

I need help stocking a 2000 gallon tank

I'd put a dozen or so Damsels & Perpermint Shrimp in there for the first year until that tank has been seasoned and you work out all of the bugs. Then stock it to your hearts content. But with a tank of that size you should start a much smaller tank as a quaratine tank for your livestock...
  2. Seth

Once again Free Rose Anemonies Sacramento area

Just what it say's free. ( I don't deliver.) I moved my tank several weeks ago and my kids are wandering looking for a new home. So I have roughly 10 to find a home for..... So please only take one if you have an established tank. (Bring a photo as you bon fides). The ones I giving away are...
  3. Seth

Free Rose Anemone Sacramento area

Donna, Thanks for posting the pics... It's great to know they went to a good home... giving my kids away is really stressfull. For those still wanting... give me until the end of September I just moved my tank to its new home and everyone needs a breather. Seth
  4. Seth

Donna, Thanks for posting the pics... It's great to know they went to a good home... giving my kids away is really stressfull. For those still wanting... give me until the end of September I just moved my tank to its new home and everyone needs a breather.
  5. Seth

Just what it says... Send PM if interested
  6. Seth

Anemone Missing

Check out your sump. I had one actually go through the overflow into the piping and ended up in my sock filter. I rescued him and put him back on the rock pile, been happy ever since.
  7. Seth

Anemone Missing

Check out your sump... I had one actually go through the overflow into the piping and ended up in my sock filter... I rescued him and put him back on the rock pile... been happy ever since.
  8. Anemone and Clown Fish Larva

Anemone and Clown Fish Larva

Patiently awaiting the big moment
  9. Anemone and Clown Fish Larva

10. Anemone and Clown Fish Larva

11. Anemone and Clown Fish Larva

12. Anemone and Clown Fish Larva

13. Seth

finally fed my anenome i think!??

I doubt you fed him anything. Anemones’ don't actually need to be fed. They will synthesize light into the energy they need. Having said that, they will eat larger pieces of fish, like sardines cut into 1/4 inch chunks. Gently rub their tentacle with a piece of fish until their eye/mouth...
  14. Tank Portraits; Clown fish and Anemones

Tank Portraits; Clown fish and Anemones

This photo was takrn with the white balance adjusted to florescent lighting. The photos are a little better but not optimal. Im also having issues with macro photos getting real close up is still leaving me blurred. Im using a HP Photosmart R967. Does anyone have any experience with this camera?
  15. Tank Portraits; Clown fish and Anemones

This photos was taken with a manually adjusted white balance. I placed a white object in the tank and adjusted the balance with the actinic lighting. It didnt work out very well. They are way to too red. The last two were taken with the white balance adjusted to florescent lighting. The...
  16. Tank Portraits; Clown fish and Anemones

This photo was takrn with the white balance adjusted to florescent lighting. The photos are a little better but not optimal. Im also having issues with macro photos getting real close up is still leaving me blurred. Im using a HP Photosmart R967. Does anyone have any experience with this camera?
  17. Tank Portraits; Clown fish and Anemones

This photos was taken with a manually adjusted white balance. I placed a white object in the tank and adjusted the balance with the actinic lighting. It didnt work out very well. They are way to too red. The last two were taken with the white balance adjusted to florescent lighting. The...
  18. Seth

Hello all

Just a quick greeting to all. I've been a reefer for five years. I have a 55 gal with a 15 gal sump skimmer, reacter, chiller, etc. I have had amazing growth in my tank and trade frags to the local fish stores for supplies. I'll post some photos when i figure out how. This page will only...