Search results

1. Royalscott

Reef Cleaners

I received another awesome order from John at Reef Cleaners!! Within 30 seconds of placing the order, I had a personal email from John thanking me for the order, then another email with the order confirmation. The next day, I had an email that the order was shipped. EXCELLENT...
  2. Royalscott

Solana help

The chamber that holds the pump and where the auto top off is isnt holding water. Its all going into the display and almost over flows. I took out the skimmer yesterday and all of the filters, cleaned and set back up to still have the problem. I took water out of the display but then there...
  3. Royalscott

Solana sprung a leak

I did a water change on the tank and noticed several hours later, a puddle of liquid on the floor. I blamed it on one of the dogs until I saw a lake of water all around the tank on the stand! I wiped it up and the water just kept coming back from underneath the tank. All of the rock...
  4. Royalscott

5 gallon water jugs

My favorite LFS is closing the store front and I want to buy several extra water jugs that will be safe to transport water and stock up. Where is a good place, online or local to buy water safe jugs or what do I need to look for in the plastic that could be harmful?
  5. Royalscott

Biocube 29

Anyone taken out the stock pump and upgraded? If so, what pump did you find to fit into the chamber? I need to get a new pump ASAP as the stock pump was putting out stray voltage.
  6. Royalscott

Electric current in tank

I was doing a water change with one rubber glove on. As soon as I got my ungloved hand near the water, I felt a zap. It happened a couple of times, but the fish and corals are all ok. How do I figure out what piece of equipment is calling the electrical current and why hasnt it affected the fish?
  7. Royalscott

Bleached open brain

I had a green and red open brain that bleached out, well only the red the green is still visible. Where the red was is now white/clear. Its still alive but will it ever color back up?
  8. Royalscott

Solana bulbs

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement PC bulbs that will fit the glass light for the Solana (not the MH silver light). The bulbs are circular and I cannot find them anywhere.
  9. Royalscott

Boxfish

As an Easter gift, I bought myself a baby yellow boxfish today. He is about the size of my thumbnail and is the cutest little fellow. I just love watching him putter around the tank.
  10. Royalscott

Need Solana skimmer help

I cannot seem to get the skimmer to properly work and am looking to chat with Solana owners on this please.
  11. Royalscott

Solana skimmer

DH and I just set up the Solana and filled with SW, sand and LR. My question is about the skimmer placement. Is there supposed to be water constantly coming out of the top into the cup? How deep should the funnel be in the water? Right now, every once in a while a bubble comes up and burts...
  12. Royalscott

I won a Solana!!!

Our local LFS had their one year anniversary sale over the weekend with several drawings and I won the Solana set up. One of my kids won the 3 gallon picotope too. Its set up in the living room just waiting to be filled and stocked! Merry Christmas to me!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  13. Royalscott

Round Robin

Now that it is warm outside, what about starting a Round Robin Coral Swap type thing before the cold weather sets in some parts of the US? Maybe even a secret "santa" swap?
  14. Royalscott

14gl Biocube!

I am getting my very own tank!!! No more having to share with my son, wooohoooo!! I bought a 14 gl Biocube never used and still in the box for $100. The lady bought it to set up a "pink only" tank, never did and now she is moving. I am picking it up in a few days! I am sooooo excited.
  15. Royalscott

Chili Coral

Anyone here have experience with Chili Coral? I saw one today at the reef store and I am soooooooooo tempted to buy it tomorrow when its going to be 20% off. It was the dark redish/purple one with white feeders.
  16. Royalscott

Reef Balls

Any updates/pics of reef balls? I know Al has some balls, who else?
  17. Royalscott

Rose Tip Bubble Anemone

I have the chance to purchase ($25) or trade for a Rose Tip Bubble Anemone for Scott's tank. Live Aquaria said they need at least a 30gl and can be semi-aggressive. Currently, his 29 gl is getting full IMO and I am wondering if the RTBA would be happy or would it be cruising all over the tank...
  18. Royalscott

I need help

Can a cleaner shrimp poison me? I had my arm in the tank glueing some zoanthids to a rock and the cleaner shrimp was cleaning my arm. I felt a stick and then saw blood. It wont stop bleeding and I feel kind of woozy? I am just being paranoid?
  19. Royalscott

6 Line Wrasse

Scott's new 6 line Wrasse is stressing me out! Yesterday, I thought he was dead and eaten already. I found the booger in the first chamber with the heater. I scooped him out and he was fine later in the day. This morning, the fellow was missing again only to be found in the middle chamber...
  20. Royalscott

Bleaching

One of MY corals is turning white (bleaching?) from the bottom. Its a Green Galaxy that is sitting in between some rocks. What causes bleaching and should I hammer off the bleached out parts?