Search results

1. K

Emerald Crabs safe?

bummer :( I'm new to the sw hobby and trying to get my bearings still. I just put 6 corals in the tank and really would hate to lose them to a $6 crab. Its not like i have any missing that i have noticed, but I'm not so sure it was a smart purchase after I read more on emerald crabs.
  2. K

Emerald Crabs safe?

So i decided to pick up a emerald crab about 2 weeks ago. Last night I was looking in the tank when lights were out and noticed the crab hangin around my palm glove polyps...not sure if he was eating them or picking at the polyps directly but he was shifting them with his claws. I purchased it...
  3. P1040390

P1040390

4. P1040386

P1040386

5. P1040387

P1040387

6. jewish star fish

jewish star fish

7. P1040383

P1040383

8. K

New life in my first tank

so today i added another powerhead, the tank now had 2 koralina 1's. and the water flow from each is 400gph. Is that enough water movement?
  9. K

i definitely helps to have a lfs with cured LR, lol, it only took 2 weeks for my cycle to be leveled out, and i didnt have to buy a ton of rock to begin with. So should i add another powerhead to point at the substrate?
  10. K

ya all the live rock is cycled here in town, goes in my bucket of saltwater at the lfs and then into the tank when i get home :)
  11. K

how would i go about in adding more flow? its only a 29g..so should i add another powerhead...I have one already aimed at my rock but i thought 2 would be too many?
  12. K

I've got my first frags today from the LFS and added them just a few hours ago, I'm hoping they take off and go crazy, only bad part was i didn't get the dark green zoo's i was going for but I'll be going back for more soon. :) So far so good on the 29g, next month I plan on adding some more...
  13. PC220366

PC220366

14. PC220361

PC220361

15. PC220363

PC220363

16. PC220365

PC220365

17. K

Hi all

Well i guess to start off, im working on getting a tank to start up right now, im looking at 72g+ for my first salt tank and hope it all goes well. I've kept dart frogs for the last 5 years so i figured i would give saltwater a try and see if i have the same luck. Other than that Im just chillin...