Search results

1. Cal Native

Can i Cut the "brace" on the top of the tank?

glue a strip of mirror across the brace looks better than foil and reflects better.
  2. Cal Native

OT: How's the weather?

Here in So. Cal. June 22---HOT, HOT, HOT!!
  3. Cal Native

Rip

Well it's kinda sad... I lost my favorite fish, a Randall's gobie. I woke up early in the morning to find him (or her) slightly stiff laying on the living room rug. He must of leaped out just hours before. So if you could a moment of silence for all our fish that have passed before their time...
  4. Cal Native

I need to catch a Blue Tang

It has been a long time coming but I can finally say I caught the Blue Tang or better known as the Blue Devil. I spent hours with nets doing everything short of tearing down the reef, then my LFS said to try a small barb-less hook and bingo in less than 2 minutes he was caught and in a large cup...
  5. Cal Native

Clam Dying?

thanks for the help
  6. Cal Native

Clam Dying?

The actinic is a combo with a daylight & with the metal halide it is very, very bright, that is why I run it during "High Noon" for about 3 hours. Like I said the clam has been doing great for over a year and now it looks pretty week, it has been a few days now it still opens and closes but one...
  7. Cal Native

Clam Dying?

The lighting is over a custom built nano with, sump, protein skimmer, chiller, UV sterilizer the works.
  8. Cal Native

Clam Dying?

150 watt Metal Halide (8 hours) and a combo Actinic/Daylight (mid-day for 3 Hours) change them every 6 to 8 months
  9. Cal Native

Clam Dying?

I've had this Derasa Clam for over a year it has grown over 1/2 inch, it is usually out all the time but the last few days it has retreated in it's shell more than I've noticed before. It will close if tapped, but it does not seem to be as "happy" as before. The water levels are the same. Any...
  10. Hi Fin Goby

Hi Fin Goby

I've had him since I started my tank over 15 months ago
  11. Cal Native

Star Polyps VS Duncan Coral

Will star polyps sting or cause duncan coral to die?
  12. Cal Native

OT Camera help

cheapest way is to buy a macro filter to put on your lens, it will change your focus range
  13. Cal Native

ID anyone?

use a hypo and HOT water
  14. Randall's Goby

Randall's Goby

15. Cal Native

Getting rid of sponges

I had (not sure if I killed them yet) white sponges that were growing over my zoas and choking them out. So I took out the rock and scrubbed away as most of the sponge as I could them dripped iodine on the area. So far everything else in the tank seems quite happy, question is Is the sponge...
  16. Cal Native

zoas being smothered by a sponge?

This is really close up and not the best shot, seems to have little pores, touched it with a stick and it feels dense. Is it a sponge and can I get rid of it before it destroys all my zoas?
  17. Star Polyps

Star Polyps

18. Blue Gorgonian closeup

Blue Gorgonian closeup

19. bad, bad, bad

bad, bad, bad