Search results

1. C

Fish with Lymphocystis now has swollen belly.

Thanks for the reply. Yes this is a freshwater mollie she was slowly acclimated back in november. She was doing great until that white spot appeared on her tail and now this very swollen under belly. What confused me, is that it is only her under belly that is swollen and the scales that are...
  2. C

Fish with Lymphocystis now has swollen belly.

I have a molly in my 7 gallon nano, she has lymphocystis. I posted on this in another thread. The white spot she had is now gone but the area concerned has remained white instead of her usual color. She is still acting well, good appetite and very active, pecking away at the algae in the tank...
  3. C

Is this ich?

Just a quick update. The spot has gone away now and the fish is still acting normal and eating well. I have been doing frequent small water changes to make sure the water quality is good and I have been feeding better quality food. The only sign that she had anything wrong is that where the spot...
  4. C

Is this ich?

Here is an enlarged picture of the white spot maybe this will help? http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/caitie_bucket/picotblanc003b-1.jpg
  5. C

Is this ich?

Thanks for replying. I just finished reading up on Lymphocystis on this forum actually. Quite an interesting piece by leebca. Yes the spot is quite big and it doesn't seem to bother her at all. She isn't trying to scratch or anything. And I do agree that it is very hard to find healthy mollies...
  6. C

Lymphocystis - Info and Cure

Thanks for all that info. I have a thread going on right now about a molly in my reef tank that has a single white nodule. At first I thought it might be ich but she still only has one white spot. I also included a pic of her spot, if you think this might be Lymphocystis, I don't mind posting a...
  7. C

Is this ich?

Okay thanks. I don't think I would use mollies again, I had a small dalmatian molly in there and she was stung by something that paralysed her. I think the reef tank is just too much of a strange environment for them. They don't know what is dangerous for them in there.
  8. C

Is this ich?

They've been in full salt water since October and they were drip acclimated for about 24 hours. I had one male and two females in my 29 gallon reef. The first female died in January she got the same white spot as this one has. I isolated her and observed. She never acted sick but after maybe a...
  9. C

Is this ich?

I have a sailfin molly in my 7 gallon nano. She is acting perfectly fine but last week she developed a small white dot near her tail it has grown quite a bit though. I've seen this a few months back on another molly I had and the molly didn't make it. I'm familiar with freshwater ich but this is...
  10. C

What is killing my fish?

Thanks for the replies. I thought those little strawberry anemones were not aggressive. I have tons of them hiding in my rocks. They are all over in my 2 other tanks too. Darn I hope they won't sting all of my fish.
  11. C

What is killing my fish?

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I would really appreciate your input on this problem. I have some mollies in my 29 gallon reef tank. They have been thriving in there for a few months already. two days ago something spooked one of them and she dove down behind the rocks at the...