Search results

1. S

Big Angel (not little)

I happily brought home a Lamaracks Angel yesterday, and I must of got confused because I thought I was going to be bringing home a dwarf angel for my 25 gal but when I double checked today I realized that no, the Lamaracks are full sized Angels. I was looking for a dwarf before I settled on him...
  2. S

why did my angel die?

Today I came home to find my coral beauty dead. My coral banded shrimp was munching on him. Is it possible that the shrimp (he is rather large) killed my fish? My parameters seem fine, I just checked them, I have changed nothing. No signs of distress or disease was evident before. The only other...
  3. S

Whats is happening to my LR?

I have about 7 pounds of LR in my 25 gal tank, with an additional 7 lbs of base rock. I'm planning to get much more in a little bit. The LR I already have has some spots that are turning white. When I bought it, it wasn't the best quality but it had some purple stuff on it. Is my LR dying? What...
  4. S

How do I calibrate a heater?

My mom just turned off the AC in the house. I freaked out cuz I live in Florida and my tank temp shot up from like a comfortable 80 degrees to like an 82 degrees. I just have to clownfish, and the tank is fairly new. I figured I can't really cool down the tank so I might as well keep the temp...
  5. S

Hey there

Hi are you all doing? I'm new to this hobby, but I'm reading as much as I can and just joined the forum. I've had my tank for about a month now. Its 25 gallon tall, with about 7 pounds of live rock and another 7 pounds of base rock, with an undergravel filter for extra bio filtration and an...
  6. S

Hello, I'm a newcomer

Hey all, I'm pretty much brand new to the sw hobby. I have a 25 gal tall tank which I cycled with a couple of damsels. I then gave away the damsels so I could keep a more peaceful tank. So far I have 2 common clownfish. ---Sawyer