Search results

1. new-2-the-reef

Must See !!

hello to my american friends sorry i have not been here for awhile but as you will soon see,the reason why i have not been here. i have been doing alot f research over the past 6-7 years now on this subject and many others but i just wanted to let everybody here in american and ofcourse my...
  2. new-2-the-reef

just broke down my tank

I am curious how long till thec stress might leave my fish.. i recently just broke it down and got rid of my substrate...just left a light dusting of substarte to cover the glass hopefully all will be well for my little guys.
  3. new-2-the-reef

yellow watchmen and fire goby

these 2 fish are now living together in my tank with the tiger pistol shrimp.. is this normal?? it is very cool to watch ... I got a new tiger tail cucumber and he took over the fire gobies cave .now the fire goby moved across the tank to the "well made" cave by the watchmen goby and tiger...
  4. new-2-the-reef

the best way to remove...

what is the best way to rid my tank of the coral banded shrimp I have in there? he is all of a sudden become very aggressive towards, everything really in my tank...lol what do I need to do? thanks Clint
  5. new-2-the-reef

Hydor koralia pumps

I have a question about these pumps I have noticed that they now have some sort of directional flow adapter that sticks on the end of the pump.. I did not receive these when I purchased my two #2's from the lfs is this something new from hydor koralia and does anyone have these on their...
  6. new-2-the-reef

New Skimmer !

Well after reading and taking advice I spent the money and bought a Deltec mce600 It arrived today and have hooked it up ..damn thing is foaming already...wow!!! nice set up looks good..hopefully it will do the job it says it will? any advice for this skimmer or mods if I need them..would...
  7. new-2-the-reef

quick question about skimmer

I just sold my skimmer today. expecting the new one .next week or the week after. My question is would my tank be alright skimmerless for a week to 2 week's at the most? he is coming to pick it up today. thanks Clint
  8. new-2-the-reef

new fish....tonight

Just picked up a six line wrasse tonight. I had to get a new fish considering the little royal gramma I bought a few weeks ago,died..he got trapped against the powerhead intake and drown..very sad, my 5 year old son said "the gorgeous gramma died dad" he got the name mixed up...lol kept...
  9. new-2-the-reef

question about ,shrimp and crabs....

Just curious how often do they shed their shells? I noticed my shrimp and crab shed them today.. was just curious if this is normal or what ..or do they do it often and how much? do I need to add something to tank ? thanks Clint
  10. new-2-the-reef

is my math right or terrible?

been in an argument with brother... my 55 gallon tank- 10% water change is 7 gallons correct? 20% water change is 14 gallons correct? 25% water change is 17-19 gallons? is my math terrible? lol thanks Clint.
  11. new-2-the-reef

question about activated carbon??

I just bought some today ...black diamond premium activated carbon.. bought a filter bag and Im about to put some in the cannister filter for a week or so...55 gallon tank 1st- how much carbon do I put into filter bag? 2nd- a week is long enough to run carbon? and last would it be...
  12. new-2-the-reef

question about coralline ?

I noticed on my tank it has started but some of the earlier spots that started about a week ago have turned white.. does anyone know what the cause of this is? also I was attacked tonight by my clown fish when I put hand into tank to help a snail back upright...it was quite funny...like...
  13. new-2-the-reef

advice needed !!

I need help with picking the last fish for my tank (55 gallon) already I have 2 clowns (ocellaris) 1 firefish goby 1 yellow watchmen goby and just recently added a royal gramma... next month or later? I want to add just one more to the tank but Im very undecided and would like some...
  14. new-2-the-reef

question about royal gramma'a

Just got one this morning and entered him into tank..have not seen him since how long will he hide? anyone with experience with these fish could tell me? and is it normal? the other fish I put into tank never hide at all
  15. new-2-the-reef

skimmerless

can it be done? and what exactly would the tank need to run skimmerless I have seen a few threads around the net of people doing this is it wise? just curious ,has anyone here done it or doing it now? Clint.
  16. new-2-the-reef

question about water change

as some of you might know already I have been battling nitrates for a while now and I'm at a loss for what to do (20 ppm) for over 2 months now steady !! I have got rid of media in cannister filter(3 weeks now) just using it for flow only did a couple of 10 gallon water changes in past 2...
  17. new-2-the-reef

remora pro question

My skimmer is going nuts -aquac remora pro (mag 3 pump) it is constantly pumping water in collection cup ,the bubbles are going mad I have it set at the highest it can go and still it is just pumping water it is filling up cup within 3o minutes anyone have an idea what is going on ,or a...
  18. new-2-the-reef

Stumped and not sure what to do???

I have battling nitrates ever since I have started my tank in september and now they have crept up to 40ppm I have done another water change 15% of my 55 gallon tank this is the 3rd one now in as many months.. took out all the media inside of my cannister filter and just running it empty...
  19. new-2-the-reef

question about mushroom corals..fragging?

I have a nice piece of live rock with many mushroom corals on it also a couple of polyps ...but the mushrooms are getting much bigger now and I want to spread them out a bit in different spots in my tank... what is the best way to do this?? should I break the rock up (I think it is to small...
  20. new-2-the-reef

OT- what do you do for a living?

Im pretty sure this thread has been done befor sometime,but after fanning threw a few of the past pages on this forum could not find one,and me being somewhat new to site,I wanted to see what others on here do for a living to afford and maintain their beautiful tanks !!! myself, I install...