Search results

1. Surfnut

Worm ID please

If it is causing any issues in your tank the easiest way to deal with them it to squeeze some superglue-gel into the opening to seal it.
  2. Surfnut

HELP! Can anyone identify this for me?

+1 Alveopora or Montipora,.. Great little hitchhiker.
  3. Surfnut

crab ID

It looks like a harmless decorator crab to me,... <shrug>
  4. Surfnut

HELP! Disappearing fish

Do you hear any clicking in the tank at night when the lights are out? you may have a pistol shrimp or Mantis shrimp. Could also be a large crab hiding in the liverock. And yet there are some worms large enough and mean enough to eat larger fish.
  5. Surfnut

is it dying?

The most likely culprit is your lighting - Perhaps not quite strong enough. The 2nd most likely culprit would be irritation due to the clowns pestering it. 3rd,.. while unlikely, is the anemone may be in the process of splitting. 20% water change to be safe and see how it responds over the next...
  6. Surfnut

ID these please?

Harmless Tubeworms (Filter Feeder) and Pineapple Sponges (also a filter feeder)
  7. Surfnut

Good place to get fresh Reef Harvested Live-Rock? Like 24 hours from reef to door,...

After further reflection I figure the best way to go is a sterile tank slowly built up layer by layer before any fish or corals are introduced. I'll make the rock myself so that I get exactly what I want. This route also affords me the opportunity to hide the overflow & the pump outlets within...
  8. Surfnut

Good place to get fresh Reef Harvested Live-Rock? Like 24 hours from reef to door,...

Title says it all. I am toying around with the idea of getting a 150g cube going. I will either start with a sterile dead tank and slowly add flora & fauna to round out the tank - or - I'd like to get fresh rock from the reef of my choosing. I'd like to find rock that is at my door within 24-36...
  9. Surfnut

Hafa Adai from Guam!

Hafa Adai tatamanu hao Anna? I lived on Guam as a child. Beautiful reefs,...
  10. Surfnut

Got Millepora?

Thread has been dormant for nearly 8 years,... Nice resurrection
  11. Surfnut

Is this a bad sign for my frogspawn?

Perhaps your Frogspawn snagged something worth eating and is in the process of moving said morsel to the nearest mouth.
  12. Surfnut

Green Bubble Algae

I've always used superglue gel to remove GBA. Simply squeeze a ton of the gel onto the top of the GBA matt; Being careful to completely cover the surface. Allow the gel to dry, then simply grasp the hardened gel cap and gently lift the entire mass out without breaking a single bubble.
  13. Surfnut

Plate coral

I only ever had 1 Coral Beauty; And he was an asshole. When I upgraded the tank he was the first tenant to be evicted. He resides in a friends 600g now.
  14. Surfnut

NEED HELP!!! Catching Clown Goby

4" lego fishing pole & a single brine shrimp,... Sip a beer & pray <smirk>
  15. Surfnut

ID please

Looks like a species of Hydroid http://www.seaslugforum.net/find/hydroids More than likely a Ralpharia
  16. Surfnut

Rose bubble tip used to be healthy - now pretty bleached

Misread the original post,..
  17. Surfnut

New cole tang with growth?

I've never had to deal with them myself. A friend a few years back had a trigger come in with an Anchor Worm and he used that product to treat it. My information on this subject is second-hand.
  18. Surfnut

New cole tang with growth?

Anchor Worms -They are not dangerous to the fish unless it is a large worm on a small fish. Friends have used Organophosphates like Trichlorfon (Dylox) with success. Here is a link with some info - http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/aquariummedication3.html
  19. Surfnut

Identify this Acan Please..!!

+1 Feed Them - Turn the pumps off and target feed each polyp with oyster eggs or cyclopeeze using a small eye dropper or feeding pipette.
  20. Surfnut

Probable starfish ID please

Brittle Star - Reef Safe