Search results

1. W

2 120w Maxspect Razors on Red Sea Max250 questions

So I have a Red sea max 250 and two 120w maxspect razors that I plan on suspending from the ceiling since ive removed the top of my aquarium. My question is will I get better light distribution with the lights side by side right to left or should i have them both facing top to bottom on each...
  2. W

Maxspect razor bluefish controller

I know it’s a loooong shot but I literally can’t find any. Does someone have one from when they ran a razor or want to sell one? Even someone who could direct me to someone that might have one I’d be eternally greatful haha
  3. W

Stocking opinion!

As the title states I’m looking to see if anyone thinks this is overstocking a Red Sea max 250. 2 clowns 2 chromis 1 springer damsel ————————currently in the tank^ I want to add: 3 chalk bass a mandarin dragonette Maybe a goby but def not a requirement. I do 15% water changes weekly and...
  4. W

Torch Getting nipped

As the title says my chromis started nipping at my torch coral today. Not just trying to get food but literally won't leave it alone, every time a tentacle comes out he nips it till its back in again. Anyone have any suggestions?
  5. W

Blue/Green chromis nipping at Torch

As the title says my chromis started nipping at my torch coral today. Not just trying to get food but literally won't leave it alone, every time a tentacle comes out he nips it till its back in again. Anyone have any suggestions?
  6. W

Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab Dust cloud?

i just watched my Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab go to the edge of the live rock and start spewing white cloud like dust. Any idea what they was?
  7. W

RSM Max 250 skimmer or media basket?

As the title suggests should I upgrade my skimmer first or would you say the media basket to add more media. New tank built, finished my cycle and currently have 2 fish. Not sure which I should do first since I found a skimmer for the price of the basket with shipping. Any help is appreciated!
  8. W

Coral or algae on live rock?

cycling my tank and saw these appear. Can anyone identify them? Doesn’t look like algae because it has a base connected to the rock. Is this a good thing or bad thing? Haha
  9. W

New to reefing and need help!

I’m new to reefing as in just getting into the hobby and I have the choice between a Red Sea max 250 with upgraded leds to Vertex aquaristik illumilux 600 mbi or I could get an Inovative marine nuvo fusion 50 lagoon. Which is a better choice? They’re the same price.