Search results

1. Sharkbite73

After the massacre

Hey All, I feel I need to open up about this due to what happened, the way I felt, and what to do moving forward. I was coming to month 10 of owning my e260. Everything was set to a week away, 50% water change, stocked up on frozen, and had instructed the pet sitter on how to feed them. It is...
  2. Sharkbite73

A big thanks so far

Hi Everyone I just wanted to say thanks so far. It's been a long stressful ride so far, but probably because I tried rushing things. I've had heartache by losing fish through stupidity, and joy of seeing my cleaner shrimp give birth. I'm still getting the odd bloom, but that is due to our...
  3. Sharkbite73

Sterilis(z)ing water butts

Hey All I'm planning on running a 65L RO unit and collecting it in a 210L water butt. The issue I can foresee is how do I sterilise the container. I am thinking MIlton sterilising fluid for babies. Has anyone else had this headache. how did you get round it. Sterilising Fluid Kills 99.9% of...
  4. Sharkbite73

Benefits / Dangers of live rock

Hi my collective hive mind, I have been running a tank for a while, and am at the stage where my orange algae has just been munched by my clean crew. I asked my LFS if they had any medium or large hermit shells, washed them in RO and popped them in. Out comes a bristle worm, which, I managed to...
  5. Sharkbite73

Omg what have I done

Hey All I've taken the plunge in to Marine by buying a Red Sea e260. I know what components I need to get it all going, but not sure about adding live rock to the rear sump. I've been watching a lot of the BRS Channel on Youtube, and have a few books, but don't feel any easier about stepping in...