Search results

1. BYRD MON

ByrdMon starting all over - open to advice

OK - everything has been bleached, then soaked and rinsed and soaked and rinsed in with "PRIME" for another week to rid all the chlorine. I'm now ready to set up the tank over this weekend and I think I've been convinced to add a shallow sand bed to hep with surface area for bacteria to grow...
  2. BYRD MON

Could you tell me how many parts water.. to how many parts vinegar? Also - would this be suffice for cleaning my empty tank and equipment right now, or would you suggest the bleach since I had a parasite outbreak.. Thanks ! Byrd
  3. BYRD MON

Thanks so much for the response! I plan on actively treating every new addition in the QT - I have a few concerns about the copper though - and please let me know your thoughts I've heard it does not treat everything - I want to make sure i take all new livestock though the proper treatments...
  4. BYRD MON

Howdy, First post here - first a bit about myself - Had an amazing 20 Gallon Reef tank in college in the mid 90's - inherited it from a serious reefer - had zero problems - broke it down after 5 years because zero possibility it would make the trip from Mississippi back to my home in...
  5. BYRD MON

Josh's 60 cube build

Awesome! what type of fish is that?