3. Eric John

Back after 15 years

Won't led me post pics says file too large ... it's from my phone
  4. Eric John

Back after 15 years

Coming along slowly
  5. Eric John

help identify this coral

$15 so I figured give it a try ... still look the same hoping they open up soon
  6. Eric John

help identify this coral

I picked this up at petco today it was not labeled can someone please help me identify it. I want to know more about it before placing it. Thank you
  7. Eric John

no diatom bloom

thank you! I might of missed the ammonia spike. As of today I have reading of 0 ammonia, .1 nitrite, and 50 nitrate. I started cycling the tank with live rock (not from LFS but shipped to me so I'm sure there was plenty die off) and live sand.
  8. Eric John

no diatom bloom

Guess I'm also worried cause I have not see. An amonia spike
  9. Eric John

no diatom bloom

thank you guys..... ill be patient ... in no rush just want to make sure its going the way it should
  10. Eric John

no diatom bloom

Hello, my 20 gallon Red Sea max nano has been cycling for about a week now. My ammonia lvls are almost zero and have high levels of nitrate and nitrate. Seems normal except I have not had a diatom bloom. It also seems like the die off of my live rock is continuing (not major but in certain...
  11. Eric John

Red Sea Max Nano disappointment

Thank you you
  12. Eric John

I purchased it from marinedepot.com. They were extremely helpful and said they would handle it and get the parts shipped out. Lesson learned don't order live rock etc until the tank arrives.
  13. Eric John

So my max nano just arrived and its missing parts.... No pump switch box, no skimmer pump, no circulation pump and no led light arm.... Has anyone had an issue like this? Customer service was anything but helpful on the phone. I was told to fill out a request online and thats all they would...
  14. Eric John

Back after 15 years

Would be nice but the closest one to me is about an hour
  15. Eric John

Back after 15 years

So everything arrives in a cpl days ... but as far as test kits supplements etc I got the Red Sea marine care kit and the Red Sea reef mature pro kit. I'm guessing I also need the Red Sea reef foundation pro test kit but what about Red Sea colors pro test kit? Also which supplements should I...
  16. Eric John

Back after 15 years

change of plans ... kinda ... just ordered the Red Sea Max Nano. Gonna give that I run to get reacquainted before going big. Should be here soon and ill keep you updated on the progress. Plus Im kinda a photo/film hobbyist so maybe a video of the progression.
  17. Eric John

Back after 15 years

But as far as the Red Sea max 650 it should be good to go besides the skimmer and heater?
  18. Eric John

Back after 15 years

I agree... that's one major thing I didn't like about the innovative marine tank he recommended. Everything was built into the back of the tank ... literally everything!
  19. Eric John

Back after 15 years

Thanks for the advice ... as far as the store owner I noticed Red Sea was brand he didn't carry (hint) ... definitjey going to do more research and not make an impulse buy. I want a tank that I will be happy with years to come. Thanks again for the advice.