Red Sea Max Nano disappointment

Eric John

So my max nano just arrived and its missing parts.... No pump switch box, no skimmer pump, no circulation pump and no led light arm.... Has anyone had an issue like this? Customer service was anything but helpful on the phone. I was told to fill out a request online and thats all they would say... I hope this isn't how the company is because I was planning on getting the max 650...

DaveK

That seems like an incredible number of items to be missing. If I may ask what type of company did you purchase this from? By this I mean direct from Red Sea, through your local LFS, through a major online supplier, or something like ebay. Don't post the company, just the method of purchase.

I have seldom had problems with any online vendors, and the few times I did it was made right. I can't say one way or the other with Red Sea because of the few products I have purchased of theirs, I never has a reason to return anything or need customer support.

I will also add that I use a major credit card for such purchases, and if I had a major problem and it was not made right, I'd call the credit card company and have them charge the vendor back. Then I'd RMA the whole thing back.

Eric John

I purchased it from marinedepot.com. They were extremely helpful and said they would handle it and get the parts shipped out. Lesson learned don't order live rock etc until the tank arrives.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Try this...
@RedSeaKev

Red Sea contact details for Customer care/tech support in the USA.

The new email address for all USA & Canada technical inquiries or product issues is: usa.info@redseafish.com

U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You are very welcome, many post say Red Sea Customer Support is great ! This number ^ will put you in touch with the USA corporate head quarters.