Search results

1. C

40g Breeder First SW Tank Setting up.

Update: Before I could get a qt or medication my royal gramma died. I was able to find a 10g tank for $8 at a DAV. It came with a hood, bulbs, hob filter, water conditioner, algae scrubber pad (it was last used for freshwater) I also bought a 20g sponge filter and 20g air pump. Have not set it...
  2. C

Update: So everything seemed to be going well, I took a water sample to my LFS and everything tested fine, so I bought 4 more fish. 3 blue/green Chromis and a Royal Grammar. Added them to DT and 3 days later I see Ich on the 3 Chromis. [emoji24] None of the fish appeared to have it at the...
  3. C

Update: On Fri. September 23rd. I went to my LFS and bought 5 Blue leg hermit crabs, and a Bi Color Blenny (black and yellow) the store was really low on fish that day so I didn't have much to chose from. I put them all in DT and all seem to be doing fine. At first Blenny was just hanging out...
  4. C

Update: So my tank has been set up for a week and 3 days. Water has fully cleared. And I am seeing diatom bloom on sand. Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  5. C

Update: So later that day the power went out and I get a text from my daughter that water was over flowing my sump. I knew that it would happen eventually, I just wasn't sure how much would over flow. Ended up being 2 gallons. I drilled a hole in the return line so that it would get air and...
  6. C

Update: So last night when I checked on my tank and equipment I noticed that my water is still cloudy and I was thinking that maybe my pump or power heads are making a sand storm, then I noticed my hydrometer was reading 1.027 when it was 1.025 2 days ago when I mixed the saltwater, so I was...
  7. C

24 hrs later after water cleared (mostly). Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  8. C

Here is picture after draining, adding sand, rock and salt. Waiting for it to clear. Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  9. C

Update: Finally got all the plumbing done. I've been testing equipment for several hours now every thing seems good to go!! [emoji41] Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  10. C

Here is my 20g sump/refug partitions. 7 inches for Sock filter, skimmer (I do not have yet but plan on getting one, so I left enough room for it) Over under partition to refugium, over under to 4 1/2 inch return pump, heater section. Silicone is still drying. Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  11. C

Update: I think I have most of the equipment together to really get the build underway. I'm getting pretty excited. I will be starting with partitioning the sump/refug. Then plumbing everything together. [emoji2] I will post pictures as things come together. Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  12. C

Yes its for a bulkhead. Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  13. C

So for main tank lighting I ordered this. Coralife Lunar Aqualight High Output T5 Quad Lamp Fixture. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049PMT6K/?tag=reefsanc-20 Will I need similar lighting for sump? Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  14. C

Its a 1 inch hole Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  15. C

Question about lighting. Will this dual T5 be enough for my 40g breeder? http://m.marinedepot.com/products/es08600/coralife-aqualight-dual-t5-lamp-high-output-fixture I'm only going to go with soft corals like lps. Or should I spring for something with 4 lamps? Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  16. C

Update: Drilling tank was a success! It only took about 30 min. Here are some pics. We use an old piece of peg board with a 1 inch hole as a guide. We used a 1 inch diamond tipped hole saw. 30 minutes later. Success! Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  17. C

Update: I have decided to drill the tank for a sump, I found a 20g tank for $10. I also found a decent stand for $30 its an entertainment center and seems to be very sturdy and will hold the weight, hide my sump tank ect. I also went ahead and bought pump, 2 power heads, heater, sand, rock, and...
  18. C

Where is the link? Would love to take a look. Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
  19. C

Hi everyone, This will be my first saltwater tank ever. I have had freshwater tanks in the past so I'm not a total newbie to aquariums. I have always loved the beauty of sw tanks, but don't have a lot of money to budget getting a bigger tank right now, and after talking with my local sw aquarium...