Search results

1. Petr

Filtration system issue

Thank you both, I appreciate your advice! Regarding T5s are roughly 8 months old. So I don't think it's the root cause. But still I'd like to change to LEDs. :) I don't think I feed too much, just once a day and fish eat it in, say two minutes. For time to time I skip feeding for one day...
  2. Petr

Filtration system issue

Ozonizer is connected directly to skimmer air intake. And I'm using carbon, so it should be fine. Top off water is RO/DI, but I probably need to double check the quality. I'm just wondering when my tank will be mature enough. :) On July it will be one year. Also I have a plan to buy Steve's...
  3. Petr

Filtration system issue

Well, red slime is back. :( Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm using only Nopox with 5ml dosage per day. I removed all phosphate removers and left only carbon (one bag). Nitrates are ~4ppm, phosphates I'm not able to measure (neither Salifert nor RedSea), but since red slime and green algae (on...
  4. Petr

Filtration system issue

I have decreased the time when lights are on by one hour (10 hours). Also I'm adding regularly NOPOX (btw which does great job). I believe that the main problem is that the tank is still cycling and KH/Calcium was low. Now it seems that things are getting better. :) Finally nitrates are 0, PO4...
  5. Petr

Filtration system issue

Thanks guys! My bad, I should say filtration wool (by Sera). I have also ChemiPur with addition of ClearPhos and JBL ClearMec (this I added because I was desperate :( ). Maybe it is just one step in the cycling the tank, don't know. Btw, yesterday I re-positioned one stream pump and point it...
  6. Petr

Filtration system issue

Hi, I did some investigation of improving filtration system in my RSM 250 (4 months old). I added filtration cotton to the bottom part of the rack. The reason why I did it is that I'm not satisfied with the whole filtration system (currently struggling with red slime on the sand :( ). The...
  7. Petr

HELP! Unidentified crab (danger for corals?)

Thanks! I'll try to catch him. :)
  8. Petr

HELP! Unidentified crab (danger for corals?)

Hi guys, Could you please help me with identifying this new creature. My original idea was that it is Cymo melanodactylus. But it's relatively big, my guess is around 4cm. It's hidden inside the rocks during the day. Any ideas, hints? Thanks!
  9. Petr

Flame scallop

I had one for couple of days until my two fire shrimps ate it. Basically it was not able to escape. I do not know, why these shrimps were so aggressive. Maybe lima went into their teritory.
  10. The reef #2

The reef #2

11. The reef #1

The reef #1

12. Elegance coral

Elegance coral

13. Fromia

Fromia

14. Petr

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll give a try. Regarding water change, for now I'll keep it (~15L/week). Let's see what happens.
  15. Petr

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Thanks Roy! :) Anyway, how long do you have lights on per day? Mine are 12 hours and I think I probably need to short the period by 1 hour. And just in case, what filtration media do you use? +1 for your youtube videos! ;)
  16. Petr

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Hi, one month ago I started my tank. I still have problems with nitrates and brown/green algae covers some pats of LRs and sand. I think I have to be more patient, right? ;) Anyway, RSM C250 seems to be very nice, I had to buy a chiller and now thinking of buying Steve's LED retrofit (when T5s...