Search results

1. Moose_Reefer

RSM C-250 Journey in Las Vegas!

Day 64. I think all is well! I'm still trying to get the ATO to work...I think the sensor might be broken. I've been keeping up with weekly water changes...10-15%. Also, I've had a couple of business trips that has not seem to impacted the tank. About a month ago I found my smaller clown in...
  2. Moose_Reefer

Sorry for the delay in response! Yes the LFS sold me this coral with aiptasia on it. I used Aiptasia-X on it and it has not spread that I can see.
  3. Moose_Reefer

1. Is this Aiptasia? 2. Is there any other coral here other than aiptasia?
  4. Moose_Reefer

Day 23 I added a good CUC yesterday consisting of roughly 40-50 snails...and few little hermits as well. I have not seen anything else resembling Bryopsis pop up since I cleaned the LR it was growing on. I'm now thinking that maybe it wasn't the dreaded algae. A few questions that I'm hoping...
  5. Moose_Reefer

Thanks again for the links and great advice. I'm off to the LFS in the morning to pick up more snails...the diatoms are exploding! I need to investigate the micro-bubbles that the pumps are all-of-a-sudden putting out...from both sides. All readings seem to be "in the green" depsite the dirty...
  6. Moose_Reefer

Day 19, What a mess!!! Diatoms are everywhere! Please tell me this is normal :) Nitrates: <2.5 ppm Phosphates: .25ppm...can't seem to get below this number! Questions for you experts to answer please: 1. My CUC currently consists of two turbo snails....thats it. Should I buy more or will...
  7. Moose_Reefer

Yes it is :) I should have said "large" water change coming.
  8. Moose_Reefer

Day 18...ugly tank stage is blooming. Nitrates slowly falling...40 ppm reading last night. I'm about to do the second 10% water change in three days tonight...hopefully the numbers keep falling. Bryopsis: Scrubbed the "suspects" off w/ a toothbrush a couple of days ago with no signs of...
  9. Moose_Reefer

Is this Bryopsis? ID Please.

I scrubbed it off w/ a toothbrush in lieu of taking the rock out. I too am not sure if it's Bryopsis or not. Thanks for the pics/link.
  10. Moose_Reefer

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Day 17 on my tank and already dealing with Bryopsis...
  11. Moose_Reefer

Thanks, inquiry sent. 10% water change. Chemi-pure Elite added Purigen added Cool new magnifiying glass on tank for kids...great learning/gazing tool for them and they really love it. Some of the pictures above were taken through it.
  12. Moose_Reefer

Is this Bryopsis? ID Please.

Hi All! Is this Bryopsis? Thanks.
  13. Moose_Reefer

Time will tell I guess :) What fun!
  14. Moose_Reefer

Hard to get a good shot of this guy...I'm calling him "Crispy".
  15. Moose_Reefer

A few more pics from Day 17. Doing a pretty healthy water change today. Also, picked up a Lettuce Nudibranch, single Emerald Crab and a skunk cleaner. I do believe the picture in the previous post is Bryopsis...so will be planning on scrubbing and raising magnesium as a last resort.
  16. Moose_Reefer

How about this one?
  17. Moose_Reefer

I'm looking to supplement a couple of turbo snails w/ dry seaweed. Anyone know if it effects phosphates, etc. if not used sparingly? Does it matter how long it stays in the tank (in a mesh)?
  18. Moose_Reefer

Great looking tank! I'll be following your thread now. Just the three fish?