Is this Bryopsis? ID Please.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I am not so sure... quoting from the above link at Reef Cleaners

"There are many, many species of Green Hair Algae that have feathery branching, and are not necessarily members of the Bryopsis genus"

Below is a pic of a species of Green Hair Algae I had starting up my RSM 250, it was all over the rock, sand & glass, tank cycled & cuc dispatch of it in no time...

285b7f56.jpg

Here is a good pic of one common type of bryopsi
4bryopsis-vi.jpg

See what others think... your pic look to me much like the green hair algae I had...

I scrubbed it off w/ a toothbrush in lieu of taking the rock out. I too am not sure if it's Bryopsis or not. Thanks for the pics/link.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Here is really hoping it's not the dreaded bryopsis - have read so many post of people battling it, I would be temped on a new tank to start over & trash my rock to not have to deal with it.

Triggerjay

I have it. I run my mag at 1500 with tech-m which is supposed to kill it but it doesn't touch the stuff. I just grab it and pull it off the rocks when it starts to get long. Not a real pain to deal with, but I wish it wasn't there.

Therapy

I have had dozens of tanks. (at once) And dozens that had one sort of scourge or another at one time. You name, I have probably had it. My advice? Get rid if it at all cost immediately. Not a freak out sort of thing. But you don't like it? Get it out now. Once it gets firmly rooted things are a PITA to get rid of. My worst was Small vermetids that got totally out of control and ruined the pleasant look.