Search results

1. jmc1974

FS 24" Metal Halide T5HO Fixture

I have a 24" Fixture that has a 250w HQI DE Phoenix 14k, retrofitted to dual T5HO ATI bulbs, moonlights and cooling fan, 4 separate plugs and a Anodized Blue IceCAP Digital Ballast. Asking $90 firm. Does not include shipping. Can be picked up locally and maybe I can deliver in some areas...
  2. jmc1974

puzzled about water chemistry

so after 5 yrs I finally comeback to the hobby and now I have a new set up, but I need some help... so the tank is a 40g Breeder and I have a DIY 30G sump, on the sump I have a Hydor Performer Skimmer 705 that is way too big for my setup... as it is rated for a 300G tank, but that's what I...
  3. jmc1974

Question on Safe SILICONE

I need to redesign my DIY Sump, I just bought 100% Silicone I from GE at Lowes it does not contain any anti mold agent it is just silicone. Is this safe for a DIY sump? I need a lot of silicone, and the LFS have very little tubes and pricier too... Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
  4. jmc1974

My Comeback 40B Journal. Warning PICTURE Happy!

Finally I can start preparing to be active in the hobby, after long 5 years away from this hobby it really does feel like an eternity. Much has changed and now I got much more to re-learn, companies that had top notch equipment back then have now disappear and their equipment become obsolete...
  5. jmc1974

Back to the hobby

After been gone from this hobby for roughly 5yrs, I think it is time again for me to comeback. Unfortunately had personal issues that got me to quit the hobby and sell everything, as it was out of my control. Now, new house, new wife and new baby... my life is complete! seems like I can safely...