Search results

1. A

Finer points of the cycle...

I figured this should go in this forum, but if I was wrong mods, please move it to its correct home. I'm very new to all of this, as some of you know. I've been doing a lot of reading, but I have a few questions about cycling that don't appear to be easily searchable. First, I'm going to do a...
  2. A

My tank build

I started my 190g tank build about a month and a half ago. Here's an album of pics I've taken documenting the progress of my journey. Hope you like! (105 pics) http://imgur.com/a/pqEnU
  3. A

HELP! OK, I'm dying...

...to put water into my tank. The last siliconing work was done on Sunday. GE Silicone I The last spray painting was done on Monday. Krylon Fusion Glossy Black. The last pvc cementing was done on Monday. Oatley PVC All Purpose Cement. The question is, will everything be cured enough for...
  4. A

LED's on glass

I have 2 reef breeder photon 24's that are going over my 190g DT that will have 23" of water in it. I have two 1/4" pieces of glass that I will be using for a canopy top. I was wondering if there would be any problem lying the led boxes directly on the glass, instead of hanging them above the...
  5. A

Return Plumbing help

I have a question about plumbing my return. The tank is getting put in tomorrow, and I've been searching all over, but I really cant find a definitive answer. My tank has 3 overflow holes, all 3 bulkheads are 1.5". My return pump is a Waveline DC-6000, and has an outlet of 1" threaded. I'll be...
  6. A

Hello everyone!

I'm Alex, a 40 yo married father of 5. I've been wanting to own a mixed reef tank for about 20 years now, ever since I had my first FW tank. I've finally gotten to the point that I can afford to do it, so here's my mid life crisis, lol. I told my wife it was a Ferrari, two 22 yo girls, or this...
  7. A

ISO used LED

Was wondering if anyone had a used Marsaqua or similar black box Chinese LED fixture they'd want to get rid of for a fair price? 24" 165w dimmable is what I'd like. Programmable would be nice, but dimmable will work. They're about 100 new, so I'm looking for less than that for a used. I just...