HELP! OK, I'm dying...

...to put water into my tank.

The last siliconing work was done on Sunday. GE Silicone I

The last spray painting was done on Monday. Krylon Fusion Glossy Black.

The last pvc cementing was done on Monday. Oatley PVC All Purpose Cement.

The question is, will everything be cured enough for water, or do I need to wait longer? I have today and tomorrow off work, so I'd really love to be able to fill it and monitor the process.

What do you guys think?

DaveK

I think it's ready to go, but before you fill it with everything, do a test first by filling it with tap water and making sure everything works correctly. Let it run that way for a day, then drain the water and do the actual setup.

Lol, it's funny. I just posted a message directed toward you in another thread. Honestly, I don't think I want to do that though, regarding the tap water that is. I'm not comfortable with the tap water in my area, and I have a ro/di so I think I'll just do the ro/di water. Plus, it'll be close to 300 gallons for the system, so that's a lot of waste water for a "dry run" so to speak. It does make me VERY happy to hear that I can start getting things wet!

Another question. I have about 80 pounds of aragonite. I know that's only about half of what I need, ish, but here's what I'm thinking about doing. Please tell me if it'll help. Once I'm filled up and my sg is correct, I was going to put on 40# bag in the DT, and one 40# bag in the fuge. In two weeks I'm making a road trip to Florida to pick up a bunch of live sand and live rock from Tampa Bay saltwater. My thought was, that by putting in the 80# and cycling the tank, I might be able to minimize the cycling I'll have in a few weeks with the TBS rock/sand. I know I'll have a new cycle at that point, but I'm thinking it might not be as bad or as long by doing it this way.

Is this a reasonable thought process?