Search results

1. A

Finer points of the cycle...

That's what I've been gathering. I was going to cycle the 200 lbs of sand, but from what I've been getting told it'll probably be unnecessary. Getting aqua cultured live rock and shipping it submerged in water should be enough to cycle my yank and keep everything alive and happy, from what I'm...
  2. A

Finer points of the cycle...

I figured this should go in this forum, but if I was wrong mods, please move it to its correct home. I'm very new to all of this, as some of you know. I've been doing a lot of reading, but I have a few questions about cycling that don't appear to be easily searchable. First, I'm going to do a...
  3. A

ISO used LED

Pm'ed you back. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  4. A

My tank build

When I get home tonight I'm going to finish filling it up and then start the return pump, I've got a filter sock on the main drain, so hopefully that helps. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  5. A

My tank build

Maybe I could call it my brackish water reef build? Is that a thing? Lol. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  6. A

My tank build

Lol. Wet reveal not off to a swimming start. Lesson one as a reefer, don't sump sand into your tank without thorough cleaning first. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  7. A

ISO used LED

Bump. Still looking for a light. Have a wxm I can trade, or pay cash, your preference. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  8. A

My tank build

Lol, you flatterer. Thank you. No, I wouldn't necessarily call myself a craftsman, I'm more of a rough trades kind of guy. I do know a little bit about caulk and trim and paint though, which generally makes it look alright in the end :-) Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  9. A

Return Plumbing help

Thank you :-) Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  10. A

Return Plumbing help

I just posted a mini build thread with an album. Here's the album:) http://imgur.com/a/pqEnU
  11. A

My tank build

I started my 190g tank build about a month and a half ago. Here's an album of pics I've taken documenting the progress of my journey. Hope you like! (105 pics) http://imgur.com/a/pqEnU
  12. A

Return Plumbing help

I ended up going rigid all the way up, no hose barbs or spa flex. I went 1" from the pump for about 5" to a 1 1/2" T. That T went 1 1/2" to the bulkhead and 3/4" to the fuge. There's a 1 1/2" ball valve immediately after the T to control the water flow to the fuge. Inside the overflow it goes 1...
  13. A

HELP! OK, I'm dying...

Lol, it's funny. I just posted a message directed toward you in another thread. Honestly, I don't think I want to do that though, regarding the tap water that is. I'm not comfortable with the tap water in my area, and I have a ro/di so I think I'll just do the ro/di water. Plus, it'll be close...
  14. A

New Reefer Rant

I'm brand new to the hobby too, and I don't have much to add to this thread as of yet. I just wanted to say to DaveK, that this was some of the most patient and helpful advice I've seen yet. I've been reading several forums, Facebook groups, and and anything else I can lay my eyes on, so I say...
  15. A

HELP! OK, I'm dying...

...to put water into my tank. The last siliconing work was done on Sunday. GE Silicone I The last spray painting was done on Monday. Krylon Fusion Glossy Black. The last pvc cementing was done on Monday. Oatley PVC All Purpose Cement. The question is, will everything be cured enough for...
  16. A

LED's on glass

I have 2 reef breeder photon 24's that are going over my 190g DT that will have 23" of water in it. I have two 1/4" pieces of glass that I will be using for a canopy top. I was wondering if there would be any problem lying the led boxes directly on the glass, instead of hanging them above the...
  17. A

Return Plumbing help

I've actually never heard of spa flex, I'll have to head to home depot to check it out, if they have it. And I gave zero thought to ac vs dc pumps. I think that would make a difference, now that I think about it. Personally, I didn't like the thought of the extra fittings. A 1 1/2" slip bushing...
  18. A

Return Plumbing help

The quote from me davek's post above is what I ordered. He said not to use hose barb, but I've seen a lot of sump pics with it and read many times that it helps with vibration and quieting the pump. So now I'm not sure about that part. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  19. A

Inspection camera

I'd like to see something like that, that would be cool! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  20. A

Return Plumbing help

Oh, I just missed part of your post, I do plan on splitting the return inside the overflow, so I guess it's a good thing I went 1 1/2" for most of the run. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk