Search results

1. C

MAX LED Lighting

And nevermind...I accidentally hit auto and lo and behold found the button for downloading. Sometimes it pays to click your way around mindlessly.
  2. C

MAX LED Lighting

I got the file and can't figure out how to launch the XML file on the My AI page. I don't see an upload button, and all I get when I drag the file to the page is HTML code. Could you help a techno-moron out? :D
  3. C

MAX LED Lighting

The new Max S owners manual PDF on Red Sea site has been updated to include assembly of LED chassis. It's really easy...took me about 20 minutes to put together. The hardest part has been the app on my phone. ;-)
  4. C

S500 particals in water

I'm in the same boat here with my SM500. My tank is only a few months old, but the problem is annoying to say the least. I didn't want a pricey snow globe! :D I keep moving the power heads around and waiting a day or two to see if I can resolve the problem. If not, I've thought about getting a...
  5. C

Normal cycling algae or other?

I appreciate any and all advice. The tank was only 3 weeks old and has nothing but the CUC so it wasn't too bad. i wasn't having to move livestock and corals. I've got one final cleanup of the sump this morning after all the moving around i did yesterday and then hopefully it's over and done with!
  6. C

Yeah, this wasn't just a few critters. It was of Ghostbusters slime proportions :D That rock came through Ocala Reef. (not badmouthing them at all...they've been great). It's harvested off Tampa somewhere. I think i just got really unlucky and got VERY live rock.
  7. C

CO2 issue for DI membrane

DI resin is being used up. I called Bulk Reef Supply, where I got the unit, and they said well water is commonly high in CO2. I Googled that and found that a lot of people were having same issue with well water. To fix it they bypassed DI resin to container with powerhead and aerated for 24...
  8. C

CO2 issue for DI membrane

I'm apparently a black cloud for SW beginners. :D In addition to aiptasia and vermetid/tube worm issues, it appears I have a high level of CO2 from my well water, which is tearing through my DI membrane. I got about 50 gallons before it was kaput. So, my question is, as I have searched and not...
  9. C

I cleaned oodles of mucus off rocks, sump, etc.. I got it reasonably clean and it was covered again this afternoon. I said forget it and took all the live rock out and left the Real Reef rock. i went to my LFS and inspected his live rock. I'm going to rebuild with that. It's clean and has been...
  10. C

i'm shipping it all to you!! l ;-) My sump and skimmer are full of this snot.
  11. C

Yes, makes sense. I've killed the 3 large ones that were obvious from day 1. I've been handling the pop ups with the Joe's Juice. But since I'm going to have to take the live rock out anyway to take care of the vermetids (or even find the source of the cobwebs) then I'll kill whatever other...
  12. C

Oh good! I hate my tank looking like it's covered in Halloween cobwebs, but at least it's nothing horrible, I love zapping the aiptasia with Joe's Juice and watching it implode. DIE DIE DIE!! :chainsaw: I tried torching one and it just came back all singed and haggard looking. The JJ seems to...
  13. C

Hahaha. Well, this is a new tank and I imagined some horrific algae or fungus overtaking my tank. I don't see tall tubes on my live rock. I'll have to really get a good picture of anything similar I can find.
  14. C

The Joe's Juice made quick work of the aiptasia. From the research i've done on these snails, though, it's going to be more difficult.
  15. C

I got an answer from my LFS...vermetid snail strings. The pictures she sent me look exactly like what's going on in my tank. My live rock came with lots of treats- aiptasia and now this :D
  16. C

i agree. i don't want to add anything unless i know what I'm dealing with and unless I absolutely have to. I just want to make sure this isn't some sort of bacterial thing. It's funky like underwater cobwebs. Thanks for the reply.
  17. C

Hi. I'm in beginning of week 3 cycling new RSM 500, and this appeared overnight (pic attached). It's colorless. I searched for different "norms" for algae and none looks like this. Is this something I just wait out or treat? I'm using RS Reef Mature program so i haven't added anything else...
  18. C

Newbie with RSM 500

Thank you! Yes, I figured I just have to go with the flow, so to speak. ;-) I feel bad for my CUC. I never would have put them in if I thought things were going to swing upward again, though I guess they might be the reason for the levels rising. My biggest frustration right now is the filter...
  19. C

Newbie with RSM 500

I need some help/advice from @RedSeaKev if he's around... I'm at end of day 14 of Reef Mature program. I followed the day 10 instructions and add CUC, even though nitrites weren't at zero. Beginner error. it's now 4 days later and I'm having a hair algae bloom, which I never got early on in the...
  20. C

Newbie with RSM 500

Thank you. I forgot to tag him. There is a steep learning curve of trial and error. This morning I have micro bubbles in the tank, and the main pump chamber was down just a tiny bit. I adjusted the drip rate of ATO up assuming it might have been a little slow. I changed out the filter sock to...