Search results

1. L

RSM130 help

Thanks guys. really struggling to get my head around best setup Heres what i have: Intake through RSM surface skimmer Media rack with a square of floss sat on top of a square of course foam Purigen Chemipure Elite Tunze 9001 skimmer Water then runs into bottom of pumpchamber were i have Matrix...
  2. L

RSM130 help

Have got a couple of questions which if anyone has experiance and can answer would be appreciated. As per above, tank is running with media rack and tunze 9001 and skim is wet, which im assuming is good. In the first section of media rack i have placed some fine and course foam to catch the...
  3. L

RSM130 help

No worries Desmond and thanks for the compliments on the tank its settling down nicely. Guest fish have ended up staying a bit longer than expected (helping a friend out who has problems with thier tank) and theres been a little bit of bullying but mothng too bad. The damsels will be fun to get...
  4. L

RSM130 help

Thanks Nick, scape is made up from about 8 rocks that i managed to fit together like a giant jigsaw. As per post i agree stock level is higher than planned but is very temporary and im keeping a very careful eye on water params, feeding, lighting and doing regular water changes and recording...
  5. L

RSM130 help

Well since starting the thread on the 21st Nov things have moved on so its time for a little update. Lighting Due to previous owners mods there was no way of fixing the hood so I was left minimal options. 1. Get a replacement hood - very expensive if including all electronics. Could get a...
  6. L

RSM130 ATO - Which one?

Reefloat seems to get very good reviews and has lots of failsafes compared to others. Just need to figure out whether to get the complete unit (smallest now appears to be 25l) or just get the controller kit and get a smaller container.
  7. L

RSM130 ATO - Which one?

I'm looking at installing an ATO to help keep things stable an minimise salinity swings. Back of tank is non-standard and has Media rack and a Tune9001 skimmer so there is a bit of space to fit ATO. The lid has been modified and all electronics/lighting have been removed. A Sunrise Marine Reef...
  8. L

ID required please

will try and get some better photos. theres quite a lot of little blue sponges on other parts of the rock and just behind this green thing there is a small yellow sponge.
  9. L

ID required please

Couple of things in my RSM130 that I don't know what they are (being a newbie) 1: A transparent/whiteish trumpet thing that appears & disappears from the rock at different times of the day. Its at the back of the tanks so I can't get any other look/photo of it currently. 2: Some light green...
  10. L

RSM130 with Tunze 9001 -Skimmer help required

Interesting point Nano. Havent really noticed any visible drop in water level and the tank is running at 27-28c. Ive have done a 50% water change but not topped up so that might be something to look at just. Unfortunately the 130d water gauge is on the wrong side of the tank to see it so im...
  11. L

RSM130 with Tunze 9001 -Skimmer help required

Hello, Im after a bit of assistance if possible. Tank is a RedSeaMax 130D, the RSM Filter & Skimmer sections have been removed and replaced with a Media rack & Tunze 9001 skimmer. Filter media is as follows top to bottom: Section 1: Course & Fine filter fibre filters to remove larger...
  12. L

Crab ID required.

Oxylebius is the Hermit part of your clean up crew?
  13. L

Crab ID required.

Yeah, Id done some of my own googling and thought it was a Mithrax so thanks for confirming. He's only small at the min but as Ive no sump he will be leaving the tank when the cleanup crew are acquired. Hes hiding behind a rock currently and providing something for my daughter to watch but he...
  14. L

RSM130 help

Current setup whilst cycling and starting to clear. Heater on right hand side will be moved back to correct place later on. Will add more rock but am mindful that I dont want the typical backwall of rock look! the bubble looking things on the left are actually lights behind me lol
  15. L

Crab ID required.

Setting up a new aquarium with live rock and the below crab appeared. Not sure what type it is of if I should keep or remove. Ive left him in for the moment as the tank is cycling.
  16. L

RSM130 help

Well 25b of sand and a lot of water later the tank has now started its cycle. I've used a mixture of Live and normal marine sand to give it a start and because the tank is used the LFS has advised to run the media from the off. Been given quite a bit of rock but while picking up the water I saw...
  17. L

RSM130 help

Just picked up live rock from my Brothers. Will be picking up sand and water later today so hopefully tonight when I have a bit of time I can get things cycling. Just won't be able to see much inside the tank due to a lack of lights. May have to treat myself to some very cheap ones for the next...
  18. L

RSM130 help

Think ill play safe and get both the suggested items prebagged and then look to refresh/renew the purigen when the time comes with seperate bags and loose. Take it I put these in the tank once cycled rather than whilst cycling? Evening spent cleaning the coraline off the inside of the tank with...
  19. L

RSM130 help

@Desmond will have a look shortly as Ive not long got in. @Nanno. My local shop has the Seachem Purigen but I can't find the Chemi-Pure. They do have Seachem SeaGel which looks similar. Is it? In terms of these media am I better off buying pre-made bags or getting the larger tubs and separate...
  20. L

RSM130 help

Brill, so top to bottom: Foam filter im assuming is to filter larger solids and to reduce noice Purigen CPE Carbon/GFO